Sponsored

Rock hard or metalcloak underarmor

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm not lifted and use the MC FAD skid, relocation bracket and steering stabilizer with absolutely zero negative results. I'm probably going to get their front diff cover/ skid next. I can't see any negatives to that at all. Not sure why they would even say that to be honest.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I'm not lifted and use the MC FAD skid, relocation bracket and steering stabilizer with absolutely zero negative results. I'm probably going to get their front diff cover/ skid next. I can't see any negatives to that at all. Not sure why they would even say that to be honest.
I honestly don't know. I do plan on getting the 3.5 GC in the next year. I will install all the goodies then. The underarmor and rear diff skid plate is on order.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Artec aluminum skid for the win. Only adds an additional 10 lbs over the stock skids. Fit is tight and you never have to worry about rust

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Artec aluminum skid for the win. Only adds an additional 10 lbs over the stock skids. Fit is tight and you never have to worry about rust
And in mine it added about 3/4 of clearance better than the factory set up. Expensive but is really well engineered.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
No artec for 2021 JLU...motor mount change. Ugh.

Sponsored

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Is a lift required for the MC or RH skid systems? It’s not mentioned on their website but Artec requires a 1.5” lift. I would rather not lift at the moment.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Is a lift required for the MC or RH skid systems? It’s not mentioned on their website but Artec requires a 1.5” lift. I would rather not lift at the moment.
I have the MC underarmor with no lift. Fits perfectly. I was up in the old dale mining district this weekend and the underarmor and RS slider got a workout. Only got a small ding on the driver's side on the slider. Highly recommend the MC underarmor.

onepluto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
Same for MC, but I just got word MC should be releasing thier 2021 version in about 30-60 days.
It looks like they actually made the 2021 change an option, for the 3.6. I have waited a year for @Artec to get the JLUD version and its always one the same response, "should be next xxx". Those dates have gone way to long and while I like the product if it's not out by 2021, Metal Cloak seems like the next best option. Their DEF solution is not great but the rest looks solid.

swang

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just ordered the MC skid and rear diff skid for my non-lifted 2021 JLUR :).
Sponsored