Sponsored

Rock Hard Aluminum Bumpers

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Installed the front (mid-width) and rear bumpers. Stupid light...

Install overall was very easy with a few caveats. Will not go into a step-by-step since their video and written instructions are okay (but not perfect so beware).

Front:
Much easier than the Mopar factory steel bumper to install. Foglights went right in with no wiring issues - just grind down the plastic corner on switch right and left. No separate skid or winch plates to install.
The biggest issue is with the Warn Zeon 10S winch. This is such a big winch and the bumper mount plate raises it up slightly over factory so that saying it is a tight fit is insulting tight fits. Had to grind 1/8" on the frame horns but after a quick paint touch-up it all went together. If you have this winch, have a helper on this part of the install.
Tabs for lights are welded on, solid, and level.
Would have liked the bolts to be black oxide coated install of clear zinc.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Hard Aluminum Bumpers {filename}

Rear;
Much easier to install than the factory Mopar.
RH's sensor holders work great - make sure to align correctly orienting the top. Sensors seem to be working correctly. Sensor wiring must be completely unwrapped to get all to reach. Had to add 1-2ft of wire to all three #3 wires. Instructions stated on one wire had to be lengthened but absolutely had to add to all three # 3 wires in my case.
You have to be a 6" olympic gymnast to easily reach and torque the side bolts but it is doable. Having a lift is a help in getting to all side bolts.
Be careful in removing the wireplug from the old bumper but switch over was easy.
Will be installing a Rusty's hinge replacement tire carrier next week.

Again, these are stupid light. Shaved quite a bit of weight so I can add to payload. yet, I still feel very confident in their durability and safety.

Finish is world class. I tried to booger it up during install but it saved me from myself.

Not had long but would buy again if I had to. Time will tell if this truly was a wise purchase but so far so good.

@ROCK HARD 4X4 thumbs up to your quality and customer service
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have the same Rockhard front, totally please with it. I've wheeled, flat towed and bumped mine for 6 mos., it's been all good.

I have mine loaded

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Love my aluminum patriot front.

fyi i ran the wiring for my lights through the hoop. Since it is aluminum, REALLY easy to drill holes, and then feed the wire through to the end of the hoop.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
GTK stuff right there. Have to put in my PO for the same set up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Love my aluminum patriot front.

fyi i ran the wiring for my lights through the hoop. Since it is aluminum, REALLY easy to drill holes, and then feed the wire through to the end of the hoop.
Would have loved to route the wires that way but I have the KC Slimlites and they opted to put the connection a few inches from the light and this would prohibit from routing it that way. Love the lights but would have looked at something else if I would have known.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I also pulled wire through the hoop.

Sponsored