Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

Lou_JLU

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara, 2019 JL Wrangler Sahara
Have any of you had sensor issues with the RH bumper?
I was going to get the LOD one, but hearing some of the problems has me revisiting my bumper choices.
No major problems with the sensors on the RH bumper. I did observe a slight change in the detection window behind the vehicle but nothing I would consider a show stopper.
Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I am in the market and have looked at a few different rear bumpers w/tire carrier. This bumper does look well made and stout. I know LoD has problems with some 35s and likely with 37s because of what looks like sensor placement on the bumper. I can see RH has moved the sensors away from the spare which seems to be the ticket. Anyone know if they have a forum member discount or anything?

Kenbike

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I think you can talk the salesman on the phone into a 5% discount. Installed my Rockhard setup and very happy with the quailty and fit. They are a great company.

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Has anyone had clearance issues when actually towing? With the receiver at the top of the bumper, in so many pictures I've seen it looks like the receiver is partially blocked by the spare? I am deciding between this and a Smittybilt (either SRC or XRC (both gen2 with tire carrier). The Smittybilt has the receiver at the bottom of the bumper (and is about $300 cheaper).

Any help is appreciated!

Jdw1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ JLU Rubicon
Did anyone ever do the pickup bed liner in place of the powder coating?

I live in Mn and the rust and corrosion are a real problem here if the Jeep is run in the winter.

Good luck with the POR, I tried it on a oil pan and it definitely slowed down the rust problem but it’s not a fix all cure all as they claim! IMO.

Grn Leow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlur - xr - Sarge Green. (On order). XJ - sold
A late reply, but there were two people asking about bed liner for a coating on bumper. I had bed liner applied to some White Knuckle rock sliders that are mounted on a Ram 3500 in 2016. The coating is holding up very well. I use them as a step and it is not slippery either. I live in Pacific North West, so not a lot of snow, but a fair bit of salt and liquid de-icer applied on the roads. I just installed aluminum Rock Hard bumpers on the JL. If the powder coat is not good I would consider having bed liner applied.
I have White Knuckle sliders on order and I went for the powder coat this time. Will see how it compares to the bed liner coated ones on the truck.
Sponsored