Sponsored

Rock Hard 4x4 Patriot Series (Fog light question)

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
I just ordered the full width lowered winch version of the Rock hard 4x4 aluminum front bumper. Does anyone currently have one of these with the upgraded factory LED fog lights installed? Will the stock wiring be long enough, do I need any additional parts? Appreciate any advice in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twistbeard

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
It all works. Nothing extra needed. I have the roch hard full width aluminum with lowered winch. It is awesome
Take apart old bumper, remove harness....install in new bumper
Thank you for the response Johnnymiz. I'll throw up a picture after it finally arrives and I get it installed.

johnnymiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really easy install. Hardest thing will be sliding your hands in to fit the winch...the built in protection for the sway bars makes space tight. I cursed a bit because its frustratingly tight, BUT it is doable.
It is SO well made and the fit is perfect with no fiddling

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twistbeard

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
Before and After bumper install. (Still need a winch)

One thing I've noticed, it sits 1/8th inch lower on the passenger side. Anyone know if there is an easy fix to even it out?

thumbnail_20190311_183805.jpg

thumbnail_20190312_092214.jpg

thumbnail_20190312_092350.jpg

johnnymiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i didnt have that issue on my JLUR. one question for you.. are the fenders hung exactly the same?

looks great, regardless

OP
OP
Twistbeard

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
Thanks Johnny, I'll Measure again after work, but my original measurement looked like they were hung the same height on each side. It does look amazing in my opinion even with the slight height difference. Most people don't notice until I point it out lol.

johnnymiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so... stop pointing it out ;)
seriously, i am sure these things are machined on a jig to pretty tight tolerances whereas the fenders have some adjustment to how they are hung. you might find the fenders are hung slightly different from the factory creating the difference you only see when the new bumper is installed. with the original plastic bumper, you wont see 1/8" difference because of the large gap due to the straight design.
you could give the guys at rock hard a call

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
If this was a TJ, we'd say before any troubleshooting whatsover, it's the fenders. Notorious on the TJ.

Loosen all 8 bolts and lift up on the low side of the bumper. Retighten hardware.

- Jason

Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
If this was a TJ, we'd say before any troubleshooting whatsover, it's the fenders. Notorious on the TJ.

Loosen all 8 bolts and lift up on the low side of the bumper. Retighten hardware.

- Jason
This is what I'd do. There's enough clearance in the bolt holes to fix 1/8 inch, probably as much as 1/4 inch.
Sponsored