Sponsored

Rock Hard 4x4 aluminum front bumper

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Will the LED fogs from the rubicon plastic bumper bolt up to this bumper without modifications?
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I just can't get over the side wings that house the fog lamps....can't put my finger on it but they're just awkward and too angular.

It's like someone wanted to build it out full width then just gave up, and they kinda-sorta wanted to emulate the Sport gap hiders, but not really.

I dunno, but it's just....not.....right

OP
OP
zorro2032

zorro2032

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Punk'n Orange. Ford Flex,
I just can't get over the side wings that house the fog lamps....can't put my finger on it but they're just awkward and too angular.

It's like someone wanted to build it out full width then just gave up, and they kinda-sorta wanted to emulate the Sport gap hiders, but not really.

Great thing about Jeeps is there are lots and lots of options and everyone gets to build what they like. This one is right for me and “Hobbes”

JlRubicon13

First Name
Davi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door wrangler rubicon
Looks good! Did the winch fit in without any modification? Also do you have the stock suspension? If so was there any sag after the install?

Thanks

OP
OP
zorro2032

zorro2032

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good! Did the winch fit in without any modification? Also do you have the stock suspension? If so was there any sag after the install?

Thanks
Winch fit without any modifications. I still have the stock suspension and I've not noted any sag in the front end. The Aluminum bumper is almost exactly the same weight as the stock plastic one I removed so really you're only added the weight of the winch, shackles and ultrahook. No changes to driving dynamics either that I've noticed.

Sponsored

JlRubicon13

First Name
Davi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door wrangler rubicon
Winch fit without any modifications. I still have the stock suspension and I've not noted any sag in the front end. The Aluminum bumper is almost exactly the same weight as the stock plastic one I removed so really you're only added the weight of the winch, shackles and ultrahook. No changes to driving dynamics either that I've noticed.
Thanks

JlRubicon13

First Name
Davi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door wrangler rubicon
When you installed the extra spacers were you able to add the washer and the locking nut on the back of the frame with the provided bolts?

OP
OP
zorro2032

zorro2032

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you installed the extra spacers were you able to add the washer and the locking nut on the back of the frame with the provided bolts?
Hi. Yes no problem at all

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC

They make a full size bumper as well it fits more completely.

Sponsored

Quest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Yes...just starting. Was hoping a plug and play aftermarket option would evolve for the lights to avoid the $400ish cost for the mopar connectors. Have a Gobi rack coming. I might mount lights on that and wire direct to the tow vehicle...still undecided.

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Yes...just starting. Was hoping a plug and play aftermarket option would evolve for the lights to avoid the $400ish cost for the mopar connectors. Have a Gobi rack coming. I might mount lights on that and wire direct to the tow vehicle...still undecided.
I put the Cooltech harness in. It's been great. Keeps everything simple. I can hookup in 3 minutes easy.

xcbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Looks awesome! I'll be installing mine soon (waiting for winch). Did you use the "long" spacers as the rockhard4x4 video states? Any other tips/tricks I should know? I have a 2021 Rubi with plastic front bumper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock Hard 4x4 aluminum front bumper 20190523_154236

[/QUOTE]

xcbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Looks awesome! I'll be installing mine soon (waiting for the same winch). Did you use the "long" spacers as suggested by Rockhard4x4 in their video? Any other tips/tricks I should be aware of? Thanks.
Sponsored