Rock Hard 4x4 aluminum front bumper

Hainliner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
How are you liking these aluminum bumpers now that you've had them a while? I like that the installs went well but am curious about any of your opinions now that you have some time with them.
Sponsored

houstonstroker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Looks awesome! I'll be installing mine soon (waiting for the same winch). Did you use the "long" spacers as suggested by Rockhard4x4 in their video? Any other tips/tricks I should be aware of? Thanks.
I have the full size aluminum bumper from Rock Hard. I also installed the Badlands winch. I had to use all available spacers to fit the winch. The wiring goes straight out of the back of my winch. I measured and cut a small hole in the grill. What I should have done was cut a slot instead. Once I passed the battery cables through the hole, it made removal of the grill impossible.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Winch fit without any modifications. I still have the stock suspension and I've not noted any sag in the front end. The Aluminum bumper is almost exactly the same weight as the stock plastic one I removed so really you're only added the weight of the winch, shackles and ultrahook. No changes to driving dynamics either that I've noticed.
Ditto. I’ve got a Sport S with full width Patriot Aluminum an a 10k Smittybilt winch . Rig had plastic bumpers stock. Very little difference in the way the rig sits on the stock suspension. I’d bet the narrower Aluminum bumper weighs LESS than the full width plastic one. Love the Patriot Aluminum.
Sponsored