Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
Has anyone used this yet? https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90347.htm

I have the Rough Country one that I haven't opened yet and I'm wondering if this will work better with my setup (17x9 Fuel Beast 37" Cooper Discoverer STT Pro and factory steel bumpers).
Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This doesn’t seem to reinforce the tailgate at all. It just spaces your tire up for larger tires. Also for wheels with more offset, it pushes them out another inch away from the tailgate. My ko2 35’s mounted on method 312’s already needed longer support pucks sitting on the stock carrier with no repositioning brackets.I’d like to bring it back closer to the gate to decrease the leverage on it. It surprises me to see reuse of the tire carrier in these setups it must be pretty strong.

OP
OP
MarcRRT

MarcRRT

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
I emailed Rock Hard 4x4 and you need to purchase their tailgate reinforcement hinges separately. So you're basically at the same price as MOPAR offering. I'm looking at Westin WJ2 and ROAM tire carrier / rear bumper.

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
I emailed Rock Hard 4x4 and you need to purchase their tailgate reinforcement hinges separately. So you're basically at the same price as MOPAR offering. I'm looking at Westin WJ2 and ROAM tire carrier / rear bumper.
Thanks guys. These fabricators appear to take advantage of early JL buyers by charging ridiculous prices. I'll wait for demand and supply to level out.
Sponsored