Sponsored

Rock chips Rubicon two-door. Need front mud flaps to fit Rubicon or other idea.

Deanwa

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2018 Ram 2500
2020 Rubicon 2 door. Rocks are getting kicked up by the front tires hitting the rear fender and deflecting into the paint causing Rock chips. To a lesser concern it is also causing dents in the plastic rear fender.

Some short mud flaps to extend below the front fenders would be perfect but I cannot find any with a special cut for the Rubicon. Not crazy about Big Truck mud flaps on a Jeep so would like something modest.

Or any other ideas you may have to stop Rock chips from happening in this manner.

I drive gravel roads a lot. Also a lot of muddy roads in the winter.

Thank you for your help!

20200704_203724.jpg
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I think mud flaps and spare tire covers don't belong on Rubicons. But, to each their own. It's the beauty of the wranglers. So many on the road nowadays, but so many differing looks due to the plethora of aftermarket parts and accessories.

I suggest you check out the company Rock Blox, for a set of mud flaps. Another suggestion, albeit less cost efficient, would be a set of rock slider/steps. I just replaced the factory Rubi rock rails with the LOD Destroyer sliders. They stick out nearly as far out to the side as the fenders, protect against tire flung stones and rocks on the trail, and make it easier for the shorter folk to get in and out.

OP
OP

Deanwa

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2018 Ram 2500
View of both fenders.

20200704_210026.jpg

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Weathertech makes them that fit with the rubi rock rails. They have an indent in them.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
My rubi came with the film and they still got chips in them the film did nada. I put the weathertechs on and It stopped the rash From getting worse.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Sadly there’s no surefire way to avoid some rocks hitting the rear body. I live on a dirt road and had the same issue( my Rubi is just 3 months old ) I did the following which helped:

- Weathertec front splash guards
- Raptor Side Steps

this helped quite a bit but I believe the Rockblokz Splash Guards come down even further. Here’s a few pics...
Jeep Wrangler JL Rock chips Rubicon two-door. Need front mud flaps to fit Rubicon or other idea. 1593950131376

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock chips Rubicon two-door. Need front mud flaps to fit Rubicon or other idea. 1593950219323

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock chips Rubicon two-door. Need front mud flaps to fit Rubicon or other idea. 1593950245666

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Last edited:

Sponsored

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Personally, I think mud flaps and spare tire covers don't belong on Rubicons. But, to each their own. It's the beauty of the wranglers. So many on the road nowadays, but so many differing looks due to the plethora of aftermarket parts and accessories.

I suggest you check out the company Rock Blox, for a set of mud flaps. Another suggestion, albeit less cost efficient, would be a set of rock slider/steps. I just replaced the factory Rubi rock rails with the LOD Destroyer sliders. They stick out nearly as far out to the side as the fenders, protect against tire flung stones and rocks on the trail, and make it easier for the shorter folk to get in and out.
I like these LOD’s they seem to come out further than my Raptors. Wonder if it makes all that much difference given I have splash guards.

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m thinking of replacing me Weathertecs if these have better coverage
I've never had the Weathertechs so I can't make the comparison. However I can say that the XL flaps that I got does a great job of blocking debris from hitting the fenders. I had issues with snow kicking up and building up on the rear fenders to the point where I couldn't open the back doors. Got these flaps, issue went away.

You can also get just the front if you don't want the rear flaps: https://rokblokz.com/products/copy-of-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-jl-jlu-2018-mud-flaps-half-kit

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I've never had the Weathertechs so I can't make the comparison. However I can say that the XL flaps that I got does a great job of blocking debris from hitting the fenders. I had issues with snow kicking up and building up on the rear fenders to the point where I couldn't open the back doors. Got these flaps, issue went away.

You can also get just the front if you don't want the rear flaps: https://rokblokz.com/products/copy-of-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-jl-jlu-2018-mud-flaps-half-kit
Yeah that’s what I would do( just the fronts) . I actually don’t think splash guards look bad at all.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
I was having this problem too. I took off my rock rails and installed the mopar side steps. No more issues, as these help protect the entire side, and wife can get in and out much easier. You might not like them over the rock rails, but they are much better than letting this problem continue.
Sponsored