gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m hoping to order ROAM rock rails for my JLUR, but now comes the challenge of finding bumpers / tire carrier with powder coat texture / color that matches. I know a lot of folks are running ROAM side steps and rails, so what bumpers are you running?
Sponsored

jmkling

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rvgreenboard.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR with Sky Top
Occupation
Retired Navy Commander
Going to run rock hard 4x4 mid width for towing behind my RV. Love the one I have on my JK, and think it will look great with roam side steps!

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Kinda late to this game but I’d stick with roam for their front and rear bumpers. The rear bumper/tire carrier is awesome and they have several front bumper options

Brett

d.legendxcv

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
Pretty satisfied with my roam bumper!!! It pretty much comes w everything included!!!

87C7C7D9-2CB5-4674-A97E-BD21AD32D891.jpeg

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
Went with Rock Hard 4x4 Aluminum Patriot front bumper. Love it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty satisfied with my roam bumper!!! It pretty much comes w everything included!!!

87C7C7D9-2CB5-4674-A97E-BD21AD32D891.jpeg
That does look nice. Is that the mid or low brush guard? Wish it had factory light holes. I just upgrade mine to led, and hate the idea of losing them. Thanks for the post.

d.legendxcv

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That does look nice. Is that the mid or low brush guard? Wish it had factory light holes. I just upgrade mine to led, and hate the idea of losing them. Thanks for the post.
Yeah
Yeah I hear ya!! I got the mid bumper. It was a tough decision for me to get rid of the fog lights. I wanna go LED all around, but the JL’s have been out for a year. I’m going to slow it down on the mods and just let things improve overtime. My next investment is a bottom skid plate. After that I’m done for a while lol. I got this bumper for $450 which includes the skid plate, winch mount, d-ring mounts and the bumper itself. This is my first time owning a Wtangler and their just like buying legos, but instead of things coming in sets you pay for each one. So when I was all that stuff was included I kinda forgot the fact that I wanted fog lights. Also it stands out!!!

rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I went with LOD Full width front bumper. I had it Line X coated . I am happy with it. I also love my Roam side steps I never was one to worry about all my brand names matching. I just see it and if I like it I buy it.

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah

Yeah I hear ya!! I got the mid bumper. It was a tough decision for me to get rid of the fog lights. I wanna go LED all around, but the JL’s have been out for a year. I’m going to slow it down on the mods and just let things improve overtime. My next investment is a bottom skid plate. After that I’m done for a while lol. I got this bumper for $450 which includes the skid plate, winch mount, d-ring mounts and the bumper itself. This is my first time owning a Wtangler and their just like buying legos, but instead of things coming in sets you pay for each one. So when I was all that stuff was included I kinda forgot the fact that I wanted fog lights. Also it stands out!!!
Go take a look at Oracle Lighting. I bought the led upgrade bulbs for a budy on his birthday and then upgrade my entire front end for less than the cost of the moose LED headlights. They are high quality l and bright as heck.

d.legendxcv

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go take a look at Oracle Lighting. I bought the led upgrade bulbs for a budy on his birthday and then upgrade my entire front end for less than the cost of the moose LED headlights. They are high quality l and bright as heck.
Definitely will!

Sponsored

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I would wait on the @ROAM rear. My wife has the production version that is single action, but I have been using the pre-production version for nearly a year(Doesn't hinge with the tailgate like my wife's) You will be hard pressed to find a non frame chop rear bumper with a better departure angle.
I initially wasn't a fan of the non removable hitches, but after a lady in an Impala rear ended me at a low speed I am thankful they were there. Her bumper was severely damaged and the hood pushed up into the windshield shattering it as well. She asked if I wanted to call insurance, but after I wiped her paint off the hitch I realized a sharpie was all I needed to fix my damage....
DSC_1274.JPG
DSC_1268.JPG

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would wait on the @ROAM rear. My wife has the production version that is single action, but I have been using the pre-production version for nearly a year(Doesn't hinge with the tailgate like my wife's) You will be hard pressed to find a non frame chop rear bumper with a better departure angle.
I initially wasn't a fan of the non removable hitches, but after a lady in an Impala rear ended me at a low speed I am thankful they were there. Her bumper was severely damaged and the hood pushed up into the windshield shattering it as well. She asked if I wanted to call insurance, but after I wiped her paint off the hitch I realized a sharpie was all I needed to fix my damage....
DSC_1274.JPG
DSC_1268.JPG
Chris, any chance you can post a top down pic and one parallel to the door on an angle? I’d like to see how that mechanism works with the door hinges. I think I like it as a better option than the nearly $700 hinge/carrier replacement.
Sponsored