ROAM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roamoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
ROAM JL Stealth Snorkel

Hi everyone! I'd like to update everyone on the current development progress of the ROAM JL Stealth Snorkel : we're getting closer to production factoring but there are still a few updates/changes that we'd still want to make to the current engineering prototype:

F2 Snorkel, April 2019 update - 1920x875.jpg

Please note that although our JL Stealth Snorkel effectively functions as a JL Cold Air Intake, the primary function of our JL Stealth Snorkel is still to raise the intake point/location higher.

The ROAM JL Stealth Snorkel utilizes/retains the OE air intake filter assembly. Our JL Stealth Snorkel ties directly into the main airbox assembly with a replacement lower section and does not require the use of an aftermarket cone filter. ( The ROAM JL Stealth Snorkel still uses/requires a stock JL engine air filter - 68257030AA or a Wix WA10841 )

The large compartment under the main intake routing houses an air/water separator assembly and a counterweight actuated drain valve.

No drilling required; does not require drilling or cutting the hood for air access - every exterior panel modified is included as a complete replacement.

Includes an external/exterior snorkel duct (not pictured) that follows the passenger side A pillar upwards; attaches to the transition piece at the base (will update with pictures by the next revision). The ROAM JL Stealth Snorkel is designed to not be visible by the driver (when driving, on North American vehicles only) with or without the exterior snorkel duct installed.

With our JL Stealth Snorkel installed, you can still fold down your windshield, with or without the exterior snorkel duct installed.

Our JL Stealth Snorkel is designed with high airflow in mind: every tube and transition in the ROAM JL Stealth Snorkel has a larger cross section and will flow more air than the stock intake system.

TBA: The ROAM JL Stealth Snorkel is Made in the USA with carbon filled PTFE infused cross-linked polyethylene for the ultimate in strength and durability. (UV-stable Cross-linked Polyethylene with PTFE nodules infused with carbon, think of this as chopped carbon fiber and PTFE mixed into the Cross-linked Polyethylene as an additive rather than / instead of the Cross-linked Polyethylene covering a layer of carbon fiber)

TBA/Late Availability: Optional exterior colors for the exterior snorkel duct: In addition to a black exterior, other optional colors will also be available in limited runs.

TBA: A variant of our external/exterior snorkel duct (not pictured) will be compatible with a precleaner / pre-filter attachment (compatible with all pre-filters / precleaners designed for a 4" duct transition).

Uses all stainless steel and/or plated hardware for corrosion resistance.

F2 Snorkel, April 2019 update - 1920x1180.jpg
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Wow... that's the 2.0 engine in the pic!?!? I thought all the good stuff came for the V6 first ( *** cough *** cough *** skid plates *** cough *** cough ***) Will be following with interest...

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Cool product, will it work with Mopar's A-pillar light mounts (82215427)?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I need this in my life :involve:
You and me both. I’ve had a hair trigger on ordering the mopar one but if I don’t have to cut out the hood this is much better

Cool product, will it work with Mopar's A-pillar light mounts (82215427)?
I wouldn’t imagine so on the passenger side.

Brett

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
:movember:

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Interested.

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Interested as well.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
sign me up!

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Got my attention but the optional exterior color snorkel port pushed me to sold.

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
I need one of these in my life asap. I like that you guys are playing with the 2.0!

Rbricker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 1980 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade
Occupation
Design Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@ROAM Looks really good. Do you have a rough idea on when production units will be for sale? Also do you have a price point you are trying to hit?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.