Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
2DC061F1-9EAE-43B5-8612-28EE7AD01864.jpeg
43374834-C0AE-4D12-BF74-9F1C6BD7DCF7.jpeg
E1A919B4-706B-4ED9-84C4-056DE8B20082.jpeg
Thanks @Firemadz -- do you happen to have a close-up picture of the light while off? Deciding on lens vs no lens now... Also I may order in a few different colors to see which matches the LED headlights the best (cool vs warm vs neutral) white.

Thanks!

BTW, despite my best search efforts, I didn't see a thread on LED lights with Roam... Edit: I emailed ROAM becasue my sidesteps didnt come with instructions, and they sent me this link: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...step-lights-with-door-open-illumination.8744/
If these aren’t enough, let me know...

Sponsored

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon in Ocean Blue Metallic
Yes, that looks correct. The rear part of the front flare is much wider then your rear flare. The step is pretty much the same width from front to back, so it's natural for the rear to be sticking out from the rear flare. That looks real good by the way! I have a set on my 2 door and I really like how these steps look.

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Yes, that's how they fit. Look at the distance between the rail and the body. It should be consistent down the length of the rail.

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yes, looks perfect when looking back to front

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
I just ordered mine yesterday. Hoping the come faster than Roam said the current lead time is. How long did you wait sna77?

OP
OP
sna77

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
they took about 3 weeks to arrive

Sponsored

Brandon3333

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Review of my new Roam Body Mounted steps/rails.
1.) Shipping - Said it would take 7-10 days - ONLY took 5!! Fantastic. Ordered on a Monday and arrived that Friday. Simply awesome.
2.) Packing - Very well packaged wrapped in foam about three layers and taped with some extra padding.
3.) Quality - Ordered bed liner version...of course brand new they look fantastic. Time will tell, but no scratches or dings. Look great.
4.) Parts - well..here is the only bad thing. Not sure who checks quality control, but I received only 4 of 12 nuts and 11 of 12 bolts and washers that are used to attach the brackets to the frame. So, what does that mean... Brandon doesn't get to install the steps. Don't do what I did and remove your Rubicon rails or current steps until you unpack and inventory what is there. I really think it is silly that they didn't pack enough of what you need...I mean really...how hard is it? Someone had to have physically put these in...what did they do...say "F" it...I only have 4 left ship it as is? Cmon...you can do better!

OVERALL - I would still recommend Roam. Anthony has been very responsive. Quick to ship. Only reason they would delay would be production/back order, but in my case I asked ahead of time and was told that mine were in stock and available to ship. I am pleased except the missing parts. Sure, it is easy enough to run down to Lowe's and pick these up, but it is the principal of the issue that I spent $500 and missing $3 of parts. If I was doing a star rating it would be 4 out of 5 for someone being sloppy, lazy, or uncaring and not giving 2 shyts you have all the right parts to assemble your steps.
With that said, I would still definitely buy again.

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
I love my Roam E-coated rock rails! You will read a lot of reviews pro and con, related to their initial coatings, but they stepped up and made vast improvements on their product. They look great and perform beautifully. I too was leaning toward LoD early on, but they were unresponsive to my emails for information.
Do you have any pics of the roam rails on hella yella? Thanks!

MDG

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
I loved the initial looks of my Roam rails, but was a victim of the rust problem and have been very disappointed in their response to it. I have heard that their coating process has improved, but they did not back their product sufficiently in my opinion. That would be my only concern should something go wrong, but as I stated before they seem to have addressed the coating concerns on newer editions of the rails, so...
This is similar to my experience. Took forever for the product to arrive. Then after having them on my Jeep for under a year the rust issues started. Reached out to ROAM several time but NEVER got a reply. The don't make it easy to contact them either given they will only communicate via email.

From my perspective @ROAM products and customer service are the worst I have ever experienced for anything Jeep related or not.

I personally will never buy another product from them.
Sponsored