Sponsored

ROAM JL Rock Rails for a 2021 White JL Rubicon.

PortlandJo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon / 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee North Edition
Occupation
IT
Has anyone purchased these steps/rocks rails for their Jeep JL? I really like the clean look and curious if others were happy with them. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and thought I would reach out first. I think I'm going to go with powder-coated black since I have a white JL Rubicon.

Jeep Wrangler JL ROAM JL Rock Rails for a 2021 White JL Rubicon. 1605735404393
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Stuff About Roam Rock Sliders

They are polarizing. They look great and some of us are very happy with them. People have had mixed results with rust and with customer support.

I am happy with mine though they have pushed into my body and done a little damage. I have been really hard on them though. I also have had very good experiences with Roam support personally.

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Polarizing is a great way to describe these rails. I have them (for about 2 months) but have no negative feedback.

OP
OP
PortlandJo

PortlandJo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Stuff About Roam Rock Sliders

They are polarizing. They look great and some of us are very happy with them. People have had mixed results with rust and with customer support.

I am happy with mine though they have pushed into my body and done a little damage. I have been really hard on them though. I also have had very good experiences with Roam support personally.
Thank you for the information and the link to the other discussion. Honestly...I forgot to search for them. I'm a moron and broke my own rule. haha! I was ready to buy and then told myself...Maybe I'll ask. Really do appreciate the response!

OP
OP
PortlandJo

PortlandJo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

OP
OP
PortlandJo

PortlandJo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
You can easily adjust it to be further out. I pulled mine in pretty tight because I have no plans of banging them against rocks. If I do end up hitting trails like that, I'll readjust them out from the body more for sure.
This is great news! Thank you!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
@PortlandJo

There is a LOT of skepticism about this company and this product. That said, I can relate my personal experience on my white JLUR:

I was going to purchase the LODs. But I didn’t like the way they mounted with the “optional“ holes to drill. Soooooo....

I purchased the Roam frame mounted e-coated rails in December 2019. They arrived in a couple of days. They were well packaged And arrived in perfect shape. No issues.

I used the detailed mounting instructions found on this forum and they mounted without issue and quite quickly. No issues.

I lived in Houston at the time so the rails HAVE NOT been through a snow/salt winter yet. However, they literally still look as good as new 11 months later. Time will tell if rust starts.

I have slammed them 3 or 4 times. I hate slamming my jeep but sometimes, it just happens. Zero issues with the rails flexing into the body. Because of those slams, I HAVE used black paint on the underside to touch them up in a couple of places. That’s “normal” maintenance.

the footpads/steps show no sign of wear on the coating. There is no rust in the welds. The rails look pristine from the top and sides. apart from the touch-up paint in a couple of spots underneath, they look pristine there too.

where do I stand on these rails? right now? A+........ BUT.........Ask me after a possible rust-inducing Denver winter or two.

dirty jeep, dirty rails
Jeep Wrangler JL ROAM JL Rock Rails for a 2021 White JL Rubicon. 60840F05-FEBA-4764-B88F-09BA8A20E678

Last edited:

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
How do the rails do protecting the rear fenders from stones and dirt? The same day I wash my Jeep it gets covered in dirt from just driving a mile down the road, ha!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
How do the rails do protecting the rear fenders from stones and dirt? The same day I wash my Jeep it gets covered in dirt from just driving a mile down the road, ha!
They do “ok”..... my tires are stock and are therefore inside the fenders. The rails will stop some dirt and rocks from hitting the rear fender/door hinges. it does help but it doesn’t stop everything.....