Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.justinbmcbride.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Content Creator
I got tired of waiting for the Auxiliary tank to release and found Long Range America. They import tanks from Australia and happen to have an auxiliary system for the JL. Availability is pretty far stretched as I have to wait until April 2020 (It's currently the end of January) but that seems like a more reasonable wait than what information we've been provided here. It is probably best to find a qualified installer, I have attached the instructions just in case that helps some of you make a purchase decision.

https://longrangeamerica.com/shop-tanks/
https://longrangeamerica.com/fact-sheets/tanks/LRAJWJLPAProductGuide8-10-19.pdf
Sponsored

Attachments

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
I got tired of waiting for the Auxiliary tank to release and found Long Range America. They import tanks from Australia and happen to have an auxiliary system for the JL. Availability is pretty far stretched as I have to wait until April 2020 (It's currently the end of January) but that seems like a more reasonable wait than what information we've been provided here. It is probably best to find a qualified installer, I have attached the instructions just in case that helps some of you make a purchase decision.

https://longrangeamerica.com/shop-tanks/
https://longrangeamerica.com/fact-sheets/tanks/LRAJWJLPAProductGuide8-10-19.pdf
How much is that tank shipped?

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Interested in the extended range factory tank replacement, but I guess this idea died?

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

This adds 15 gallons to the existing 21 gallon tank?

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
This adds 15 gallons to the existing 21 gallon tank?
Looks like it! I guess it sits somewhere on the left side of the driveline?

Since its a separate tank that might be a good place to carry water for overlanding. I do like the idea of about 700miles of range though.

Sponsored

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
I have one of the LRA on my JKU. Went through a place called Cruiser Brothers, outstanding customer service and they handed everything to get it here. I think I paid ~$1600 with taxes and everything about 2 years ago.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I have one of the LRA on my JKU. Went through a place called Cruiser Brothers, outstanding customer service and they handed everything to get it here. I think I paid ~$1600 with taxes and everything about 2 years ago.
How is this holding up? I’m considering dropping the $1500-2000 For the nearly 1000 mile range... but its going to be a tough pill to swallow.

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
How is this holding up? I’m considering dropping the $1500-2000 For the nearly 1000 mile range... but its going to be a tough pill to swallow.
It has been awesome. No issues I highly recommend it and it has been worth every penny for me.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
How much total weight would it add to a JLUR?

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
According to the website it is 38kgs which is ~83lbs for the tank. With fuel add another 90 lbs but that number will be variable. I didn't notice any real difference in handling.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I remember having an AUX tank in an old pickup of mine, had to switch using a valve, and the fuel gauge never told you how much fuel was left in the tank. Does your AUX tank have a sender, is fuel all delivered via the existing pump and feeds, or is there a switch over valve?

Man, I'd love one of these where it calculates the total range/range remaining/shows fuel levels for combined tankage.

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
I remember having an AUX tank in an old pickup of mine, had to switch using a valve, and the fuel gauge never told you how much fuel was left in the tank. Does your AUX tank have a sender, is fuel all delivered via the existing pump and feeds, or is there a switch over valve?

Man, I'd love one of these where it calculates the total range/range remaining/shows fuel levels for combined tankage.
The LRA aux tank has its own pump that pumps fuel into a t-fitting in fuel fill hose. So it is the equivalent of getting gas at the gas station. The LRA tank has a push button switch with three lights green lights to indicate full, half, etc. and a red light to indicate empty. When you push the button it will pump fuel until empty or it gets back pressure from the main tank (i.e. main full) and shuts off. It is about 3/4s of the main tank so I usually have a pretty good idea of what the range is. I have never seen anything like you are talking about but I believe GenRight might make something that would do that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.