Status
Not open for further replies.
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@ROAM very interested in any updates to this project. Also very curious about plans for a unit for the JT. Especially since we are planning on using he JT as a Overlanding platform for South America.

Cracker_Box

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
here for the long haul, (ha get it) my 2 door would be so much nicer if i didn't have to stop every 300 miles.

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
I want it for the 2door JL, Please!

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Over 5 months and no update....? Eh, same ol same ol from those guys.

:no:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
Guys... You have a JLU and a Gladiator model already, but the guys with the little tanks 17.5 JLs are waiting for our upgrade :) Feed the mice!

LanceM
where is the Gladiator version? Did i miss that?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Subscribed for info on the Gladiator tank....

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Over 5 months and no update....? Eh, same ol same ol from those guys.

:no:
I don't understand what is with these guys. They come in and post an update for new parts, or reply to someone's question then poof... gone for 3 months. It's like they met their post quota for the quarter. It appears they have several products that a lot of people are really interested in but they're never around to answer questions. A lot of people can't even reach them by email.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I don't understand what is with these guys. They come in and post an update for new parts, or reply to someone's question then poof... gone for 3 months. It's like they met their post quota for the quarter. It appears they have several products that a lot of people are really interested in but they're never around to answer questions. A lot of people can't even reach them by email.
I agree, they would have gotten about 17k of my latest build but they fail to respond to emails, calls, posts; granted I did only give them 3 months to reply. I sort of consider them a vapor ware company, all prototypes and ones off but can’t really get anything finalized enough to be worthy of production.

Instead that money went to EVO, ADD, and Genright. I’m happy with all of those purchase and amazingly they answer their phones and emails and even, brace yourself.... provide a decent customer experience.

Shame Roam can’t get their shit together as they do make decent stuff when their head isn’t in their ass. I personally wouldn’t recommend their stuff to anyone because I worry about after sales support.

Last edited:

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I agree, they would have gotten about 17k of my latest build but they fail to respond to emails, calls, posts. I sort of consider them a vapor ware company, all prototypes and ones off but can’t really get anything finalized enough to be worthy of production.

Instead that money went to EVO, ADD, and Genright. I’m happy with all of those purchase and amazingly they answer their phones and emails and even, brace yourself.... provide a decent customer experience.

Shame Roam can’t get their shit together as they do make decent stuff when their head isn’t in their ass. I personally wouldn’t recommend their stuff to anyone because I worry about after sales support.
I still feel like they'd benefit from hiring a consultant on how to take ideas and innovation to production and sustainable business.

Kinda feels like Elon Musk syndrome, although at least he did get products to market - it just doesn't appear sustainable at the current rate.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I still feel like they'd benefit from hiring a consultant on how to take ideas and innovation to production and sustainable business.

Kinda feels like Elon Musk syndrome, although at least he did get products to market - it just doesn't appear sustainable at the current rate.
100% they would benefit by hiring people who know the space and are willing to be active online. Their current business methodology is simply like watching a dumpster fire. People on these forums work hard for their money and I would hate to see someone burned by their poor customer service because it may be the guy who saved for a month to get something and he’s left “unit in hand”

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I agree, they would have gotten about 17k of my latest build but they fail to respond to emails, calls, posts; granted I did only give them 3 months to reply. I sort of consider them a vapor ware company, all prototypes and ones off but can’t really get anything finalized enough to be worthy of production.

I think part of their problem is they grew to fast. They had a huge hit with the sliders and steps and then immediately moved to the next product line when hundreds of people were having rust concerns with their steps and sliders. They are expanding way beyond their capabilities. I thought I read somewhere that their production facility (a third party) was in Wyoming and they're located in Texas. Not sure if this is still the case today though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.