Roam Adventure Co. RTT

1. shacdaddy

shacdaddy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
    Liked:
    #1 Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    I finally pulled the trigger on ordering an RTT. Hundreds of hours of YouTube research, yada yada. I went back and forth countless times, added multiple tents to carts online without checking out.

I decided on Roam Adventure Co. out of Austin, TX. I know they're all basically the same (minus the $3000+ gucci tents), so I was very close on the Smittybilt since it was so cheap. But, I liked that Roam (like the other main RTT companies) is solely based on tents/overlanding. I'll post a review once it arrives!

https://www.roamadventureco.com/products/the-vagabond?variant=15423441862702

ProjectJL and Dawn Patrol like this.
  2. Dawn Patrol

Dawn Patrol Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    JLUR
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I'm going back and forth a lot. I look forward to reading your review!

shacdaddy likes this.
  3. EB12

EB12 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Elvir
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
    Liked:
    Ive been considering both of those also, does this one differ from the Smittybilt in any way? Cant wait for more pics when you get it.

4. ProjectJL

ProjectJL Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joshua
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    I don’t own a Roam tent, but I’ve gone on a trip with the owner and a bunch of other industry people all running their tents.

They are a 15/10 on quality and design. The owner is a serious engineer mixed with a true outdoorsman. Every thing is though out, especially weight concerns.

If I buy a RTT, it would be a Roam, hands down. I’ve seen most of the models, and they’re 100x nicer than even the pictures.

Support then because they’re a great company, owned by great people, or simply because they are immaculate.

shacdaddy and Dawn Patrol like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    shacdaddy

shacdaddy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
    Liked:
    I’ll know more once I use it this coming Friday night, but for the price I got similar features to the higher cost Tepuis I think. Clear vinyl in the rain fly so we can still see out of the skylights during rain!! C’mon, man, that’s cool.

Like I said earlier re: Smittybilt, I preferred going w/ a company that is solely RTTs and outdoors. I imagined what would happen if I had an issue and had to call Smittybilt: “Umm I have an issue w/ ONE of the THOUSANDS of different products you make...” vs calling Roam: “Hey guys, I have a question re: your RTT...oh which one? The Vagabond.”... THE END!