Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I’m currently running a 2.5 RK lift but want to go to 3.5 to run 37’s without having to fender split or trim. With an RK 3.5” will I need a new front driveline running RRD shocks or Fox shocks at full flex? I have the RRd shocks now (for 2.5, and love them) but curious how the fox shocks ride on and off road with RK’s triple rate springs. TIA
Sponsored

hellayellajlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the RK 3.5, Fox shocks and 37's, I think the ride is a little softer then factory. I do not seem to have any issues with the front drive line at full flex. I have been on trails rated as high as 8 with no problems yet. I plan on getting new drive lines next spring before a Moab trip.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I was able to flex mine with 2.5 enough to damage the seal of the front drive shaft connection. Nothing catastrophic, but it can happen at full drop fully disconnected.

As long as you use the advised bump stops there is no issue with up travel with 37’s on a rubi.

ride with fox 2.5 reservoirs is awesome, on and off road and adjustable.

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I have that setup: RK 3.5 no-limits, fox shocks, 37s, and stock driveshaft. Ride is fantastic, and I was told by someone much more knowledgeable than me that it was not an “big” issue. I plan on running the stock shaft as long as it lasts. Marcus at River City Offroad was a huge help in the decision. I understand he’s running the stock shaft on his 3.5 lift. Maybe he can chime in.

@River City Offroad

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Tons of our customers are running Fox's on our springs and I haven't heard a complaint about them yet. I'm a bit biased towards the RRD's though.

You won't need a driveshaft immediately, depending on the amount of down travel you have. You will want to upgrade in the future though.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yup. Ripped my front boot but hasn't really caused any problems yet. I do see a new front driveshaft in my near future. 3.5" X Factor with RRD shocks. Love it.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
I have the 3.5" X-Factor on my JLUR with 37s. I have run the RRDs and it is currently on the Fox 2.0s. The Fox shocks are a bit more firm coming from the RRDs, but the Jeep still rides and handles very nicely!

I built this Jeep and drug it out to Moab for Easter Jeep Safari with 200 miles on it. The front DS boot is torn, but that isn't really an issue. I'm at 4500 miles now. You guys have to remember the front driveshaft is not spinning on the highway like it was in previous models. The guys that tore their boots up in JKs were seeing grease spit out and CVs drying up because they were spinning at all times. The driveshaft is not really an emergency situation on the JL.

Here's mine for a little motivation! If you need help with parts or advice just send me a message or call me at 512-861-6536!

Marcus

IMG_2375.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 3.5" X-Factor on my JLUR with 37s. I have run the RRDs and it is currently on the Fox 2.0s. The Fox shocks are a bit more firm coming from the RRDs, but the Jeep still rides and handles very nicely!

I built this Jeep and drug it out to Moab for Easter Jeep Safari with 200 miles on it. The front DS boot is torn, but that isn't really an issue. I'm at 4500 miles now. You guys have to remember the front driveshaft is not spinning on the highway like it was in previous models. The guys that tore their boots up in JKs were seeing grease spit out and CVs drying up because they were spinning at all times. The driveshaft is not really an emergency situation on the JL.

Here's mine for a little motivation! If you need help with parts or advice just send me a message or call me at 512-861-6536!

Marcus

IMG_2375.jpeg
Hey Marcus, when you were running the rrds did you have to put nitrogen in, if so how long did they last before you did, and how did you know when it was needed?
Thanks
Roky

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Hey Marcus, when you were running the rrds did you have to put nitrogen in, if so how long did they last before you did, and how did you know when it was needed?
Thanks
Roky
I have run RRDs in a number of my vehicles so I have some long term experience with them. I recently sold my Ram 2500 after about 4 years and 55k miles on a set of RRD 2 5/8 ressy shocks. I checked them every year when the weather changed and never had any issues with them. You should be fine doing the same and that should go for any normal use rebuildable/serviceable shock.

I’ll be back on the RRDs soon. I just wanted to try the Fox shocks so I could give real and honest feedback on them.

Marcus

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have run RRDs in a number of my vehicles so I have some long term experience with them. I recently sold my Ram 2500 after about 4 years and 55k miles on a set of RRD 2 5/8 ressy shocks. I checked them every year when the weather changed and never had any issues with them. You should be fine doing the same and that should go for any normal use rebuildable/serviceable shock.

I’ll be back on the RRDs soon. I just wanted to try the Fox shocks so I could give real and honest feedback on them.

Marcus
Thanks man.....:beer:
Sponsored