Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
They both look great! To each their own when it comes to lift heights and the plan to build their rigs. We did find over time in the JK Community that belly clearance was really important and often over looked by the Low COG build concept and a lot of 4 doors that started on 2.5 ended up at 3.5 for that perfect mix.

To us, 3.5 and 38's maximizes everything a JLUR can be! 40's are a lot for the stock axles.....

Good luck with your builds. We love to see all the new JL's building with RK and all the different styles out there!
What about 39’s? I’m thinking about going with the new 39” BFGoodrich KM3’s. I won a set.
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
What about 39’s? I’m thinking about going with the new 39” BFGoodrich KM3’s. I won a set.
Well, shit. That is a score! Nice. I would stick with the 3.5" for them too on a Rubi. Just guessing nominally they will be slightly less than 39. More like a full 38.... Good luck with your build. Sounds great...

RK

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

While I have you, I was hearing a lot of clicking while I was on the trail this past weekend, even I had 4WheelParts perform their 10 Day torque after install. I did not release the quick disconnects because I have a Rubicon. Going forward is it best to always disconnect them when I’m on the trails? I think one of the bearings on the sway bar link popped out on me. Will it require a replacement part or can it be “popped” back in?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
"clicking" is certainly not normal and should be investigated. As for the disconnect, cycle the suspension and see if your disconnect wants to invert itself or not. That will depend on your shock lengths. For good trail use, we do recommend manually disconnecting the sway bar links. We have our "No Limits" lower shock mounts for the front already done and will be working on some "No Limits" sway bar link packages for Rubi's to be out by Jan 1. Hope that helps.

RK

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Thanks!

While I have you, I was hearing a lot of clicking while I was on the trail this past weekend, even I had 4WheelParts perform their 10 Day torque after install. I did not release the quick disconnects because I have a Rubicon. Going forward is it best to always disconnect them when I’m on the trails? I think one of the bearings on the sway bar link popped out on me. Will it require a replacement part or can it be “popped” back in?
Could be they had the wrong washer on the outside of the front sway bar I have seen this and popped links as a result. They can be popped in.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Could be they had the wrong washer on the outside of the front sway bar I have seen this and popped links as a result. They can be popped in.
Absolutely, to anyone - feel free to give us a call and or email in pics to our tech support people and we will glady put a second set of eyes on your vehicle for you. This goes for our products or any other chassis related product. Not a problem.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Rock Krawler loft installed with 37s honestly thought it would be taller. Little disappointing. I would do 3.5 lift if I was starting over. (JK lifts were always taller from RK) Getting quite a bit of rub when I flex off-road with the 37s. Well see. Overall ride is pretty close to stock. Springs seem to be quieting down finally. When first installed springs were noisy. Sounded like 100 year old springs.

5D7BA655-4FA5-4F2B-8F48-59DAC1D8AE9E.jpeg
I think this looks perfect.. was a big part of me finally choosing this lift.. and when you add the bump-stops you probably won't be rubbing.. and sounds like you are happy with the flex.. congrats dude.. i think you killed it

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
@Rock Krawler Suspension do you guys have more pics of 2.5” adventure series with 37s .. you guys have an excellent video library of info on your products and just teaching people about suspension in general but installed product photos are hard to find

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension do you guys have more pics of 2.5” adventure series with 37s .. you guys have an excellent video library of info on your products and just teaching people about suspension in general but installed product photos are hard to find
2 door or 4 door? I'll see what I can find.

Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Also 3.5” lift on a 4 door with 37’s while you’re at it please. I have a Rough Country 2.5” spacer lift right now and I’m looking for a bit more clearance.
3.5" on 38's is the closest that I have handy.

IMG_2762.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Also 3.5” lift on a 4 door with 37’s while you’re at it please. I have a Rough Country 2.5” spacer lift right now and I’m looking for a bit more clearance.

Jeep Wrangler JL RK 2.5 installed with 37’s 5A974BBF-C8AB-4498-AEF4-51EF099E606E
3.5 RK on 37s........I’m running long travel shocks, so I need the fender clearance.

Jeep Wrangler JL RK 2.5 installed with 37’s 3F99E641-2850-40C1-B4D0-5D4394AD369B
Sponsored