RK 2.5 installed with 37’s

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Got my Rock Krawler loft installed with 37s honestly thought it would be taller. Little disappointing. I would do 3.5 lift if I was starting over. (JK lifts were always taller from RK) Getting quite a bit of rub when I flex off-road with the 37s. Well see. Overall ride is pretty close to stock. Springs seem to be quieting down finally. When first installed springs were noisy. Sounded like 100 year old springs.

5D7BA655-4FA5-4F2B-8F48-59DAC1D8AE9E.jpeg
I had a JLU pull up beside me with 37s and the mopar lift. I have 35s and a 2.5RK. His looked higher than mine by way more than an inch. Maybe just an illusion.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I had a JLU pull up beside me with 37s and the mopar lift. I have 35s and a 2.5RK. His looked higher than mine by way more than an inch. Maybe just an illusion.
I believe mopar people are getting close to 3+ out of thier lifts

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I did the same thing, i have crows feet for them but cant get the torque wrench in there. I paint marked them as well, and put mechanics wire around the threads behind them. Did your alignment come out fine by using the specs they gave? Thanks for the info.
My alignment was almost green with their specs. Probably more my measuring than their specs. Only the upper front was tweaked with a 150 4 wheel alignment.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I did the same thing, i have crows feet for them but cant get the torque wrench in there. I paint marked them as well, and put mechanics wire around the threads behind them. Did your alignment come out fine by using the specs they gave? Thanks for the info.
I only had issues with the front drag link and getting the crows feet in there. Maybe this the upper rears I had to do off the vehicle.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, my alignment came out spot on. I took it in to get done anyway, but it was in spec.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, my alignment came out spot on. I took it in to get done anyway, but it was in spec.
I got another question I just finished my 2.5 xfactor install and adjusted the control arms to what RK reccomended and it seems like I have a slight forward spring bow, more noticable on the passenger side. It seems very slight I was wondering if it was normal. Im going friday to check alignment but measuring it myself with angle finders and the like i seem to be in spec. Thanks for the info

B58B499C-25F9-478C-A259-7D96F35FF1A8.jpeg

636B605F-1498-43CD-B2C9-0DAD76C7BD53.jpeg

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I got another question I just finished my 2.5 xfactor install and adjusted the control arms to what RK reccomended and it seems like I have a slight forward spring bow, more noticable on the passenger side. It seems very slight I was wondering if it was normal. Im going friday to check alignment but measuring it myself with angle finders and the like i seem to be in spec. Thanks for the info

B58B499C-25F9-478C-A259-7D96F35FF1A8.jpeg

636B605F-1498-43CD-B2C9-0DAD76C7BD53.jpeg
Ar you using the large washer in the right place on the sway bar links? Maybe it’s the pic or my ore coffee eyes but it looks small.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I have the jks quick disconnects on the sway bars, and I have them properly indexed on the bottom, i wasnt sure if the top had an index they looked the same roundness with no indents. Im sure its fine i was just checking. It seems like it should straighten out when the suspension extends.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I have the jks quick disconnects on the sway bars, and I have them properly indexed on the bottom, i wasnt sure if the top had an index they looked the same roundness with no indents. Im sure its fine i was just checking. It seems like it should straighten out when the suspension extends.
The top spring isolators have a pin in them to locate the isolator. If that came out of position is can throw off the coil a bit. A coil bowing a little bit is not bad and can be expected, especially forward or backward if you are light on caster but in spec it can bow forward, if you are heavy on caster but in spec, it could go back a bit. Also, with all the adjustments we offer in the X Factor Series, basic axle positioning could play a part. It all depends on what kit you got as to what you want to really look at. If you would like to give us a call, our tech lines are open and people are here to help you get your rig dialed to your liking.

Please also note: if the disconnects you purchased require the cutting off of the sway bar link tab on the axle, that can lead to issues down the road. The way the OEM mounting was done, the sway bar link tab adds support to the track bar bracket, without that support it may start tearing off like the JK ones did over time. Maybe you will want to look at adding a track bar bracket support for the axle or something.

RK

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Go 3.5” with 37’s. This is the RK X-Factor kit.

4902E8A7-D34B-49C6-AF7F-4342D6B94A38.jpeg

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Here is mine on a 2.5" with 37/12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

IMG_4915.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
They both look great! To each their own when it comes to lift heights and the plan to build their rigs. We did find over time in the JK Community that belly clearance was really important and often over looked by the Low COG build concept and a lot of 4 doors that started on 2.5 ended up at 3.5 for that perfect mix.

To us, 3.5 and 38's maximizes everything a JLUR can be! 40's are a lot for the stock axles.....

Good luck with your builds. We love to see all the new JL's building with RK and all the different styles out there!
Sponsored