RK 2.5 installed with 37’s

JeepRubiCan

First Name
Case
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Got my Rock Krawler loft installed with 37s honestly thought it would be taller. Little disappointing. I would do 3.5 lift if I was starting over. (JK lifts were always taller from RK) Getting quite a bit of rub when I flex off-road with the 37s. Well see. Overall ride is pretty close to stock. Springs seem to be quieting down finally. When first installed springs were noisy. Sounded like 100 year old springs.

5D7BA655-4FA5-4F2B-8F48-59DAC1D8AE9E.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did you install bump stop extensions?

OP
OP
JeepRubiCan

JeepRubiCan

First Name
Case
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I just ordered a set. Should cure the rubbing with a little less travel. Hopping to only use 1”

Beardedgator

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL RUBICON
I just ordered a set. Should cure the rubbing with a little less travel. Hopping to only use 1”
Looks good though.. that’s the benefit with mopar is its raising it so high. Wish I could find some legit 3 inch lifts.. 2-2.5 seems like a bit tight and honestly what’s the point of spending a lot of money on a $1500 lift if u have to remove all the travel with bumpstops.. seems counterproductive to me but I’ve only “been in the game” for a month

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Rock Krawler loft installed with 37s honestly thought it would be taller. Little disappointing. I would do 3.5 lift if I was starting over. (JK lifts were always taller from RK) Getting quite a bit of rub when I flex off-road with the 37s. Well see. Overall ride is pretty close to stock. Springs seem to be quieting down finally. When first installed springs were noisy. Sounded like 100 year old springs.

Do you rub front or rear? going from the 2.5" rough country I lost about 1/2" in the rear. However I plan on taking plastic out soon as I was already rubbing.

Sponsored

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement

Were your rear springs longer than the front? Mine just came in today.

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t understand something. I figure no matter how high the lift if you put 37s on you need to increase your bump stop. If you put 40s on don’t you need to increase the bump stops? It would seem to me that the bump stops would be sized to the tire size independent of lift height and travel. Am I just wrong?

rtdwild

First Name
Artin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Which model of RK did you do and what shocks

I'm in the same boat! (Planning adventure series 3 with 3.5 and kings shocks)
Thinking of doing 3.5 instead of 2.5 and all shops are asking me why if i'm planning on 37s!
1) defiantly 1 inch of extra belly clearance matters a lot.
2) we need to consider at least 1/2 inch sag down the road.
3)peace of mind of no rub, specially of getting into mud

I just don,t get it why shops are against 3.5

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I don’t understand something. I figure no matter how high the lift if you put 37s on you need to increase your bump stop. If you put 40s on don’t you need to increase the bump stops? It would seem to me that the bump stops would be sized to the tire size independent of lift height and travel. Am I just wrong?
Well, sort of. You bumpstop the minimum you can get away with. But it’s with tire size and or shock and spring length. You want them to all match as best as you can. You can get adjustable shock brackets and longer shocks and try and match up travel, with down travel. Most lift kits get you into the ballpark. Too much down travel without longer springs, you can lose your springs. I don’t worry about up travel as much with a 37+ tire. They are a big tire. You also want to bumpstop just before you run out of shock. So yes, obviously you add bumpstop but there’s a little more to it but it’s not rocket science.

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Your Jeep looks great! I really like those wheels. My JLUR is getting a 2.5" X-Factor with 37" Ridge Grapplers as well.

The Mopar lift is giving folks WAY more lift than the 2" that it is labeled with. I'd say those kits are sitting closer to 4" of lift and it is skewing people's expectations of where their 2.5" kits are going to land them.

Remember though... more lift is not always a good thing. You can really open a can of worms lifting a Jeep and without any good steering correction kits out there just yet I have been recommending to stick to 2.5. I'm honestly surprised that there aren't more products available for the JL by now.

Marcus

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
We agree with Marcus. Your JLU looks great. If you want to go taller it is simply a spring swap with us to the 3.5's. A little more height will allow for a little more up travel. To each their own. On our first JL where we trimmed the Rubi inner fenders, it was a 3.5 on 40's with 3" bump stops front and rear. It worked perfect. We had to trim the front Rubi rail end 1" and the rear pinch seam at the back of the wheel well just a touch (All of which can be done really clean). Our JLU lift heights are under rated by about 3/8" as compared to nominal Rubi heights as measured up front.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Which model of RK did you do and what shocks

I'm in the same boat! (Planning adventure series 3 with 3.5 and kings shocks)
Thinking of doing 3.5 instead of 2.5 and all shops are asking me why if i'm planning on 37s!
1) defiantly 1 inch of extra belly clearance matters a lot.
2) we need to consider at least 1/2 inch sag down the road.
3)peace of mind of no rub, specially of getting into mud

I just don,t get it why shops are against 3.5
We don't either. If you are really going to wheel the JLU, especially on the east coast a little extra belly clearance is nice...

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
We agree with Marcus. Your JLU looks great. If you want to go taller it is simply a spring swap with us to the 3.5's. A little more height will allow for a little more up travel. To each their own. On our first JL where we trimmed the Rubi inner fenders, it was a 3.5 on 40's with 3" bump stops front and rear. It worked perfect. We had to trim the front Rubi rail end 1" and the rear pinch seam at the back of the wheel well just a touch (All of which can be done really clean). Our JLU lift heights are under rated by about 3/8" as compared to nominal Rubi heights as measured up front.
RK, I was under the impression the lift was a 2.5” AFTER weighted by bumpers etc. Is that not the case now? I’m installing Sunday and already have 37’s on.