First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey MC!

Finished installing the Undercloak system for my JL. Had issues with the rivet tool, but after a bit got around it. My gripe is that the "tool" did not look like the tool in your rivet tool install video you made awhile back (flip side is that there's no updated video on how to use the new "tool"). The tool that came with the JL undercloak was just a serrated flange nut with the threads drilled out, so that threw me off since it wasn't what I was expecting. What hung me up was that my wrench head was a tad too thick for the shorter flange nut head (shorter than the older tool that was just a bolt with a lock washer), this prevented me from turning the hex cap bolt head with a socket while holding the flange nut with a wrench. Unfortunately I didn't have 2 wrenches, so I just put another nut between the flange nut and the hex cap bolt head.

Also want to note that I didn't have to cut off a small portion of the original gas tank skid mounting point. The MC gas tank skid seems to fit right on without the modification. Is this expected or did I screw up and should really make that cut?

Just wanted to give some feedback, the undercloak looks great, the rest of the install was easy-peasy. Heading out to an off-road park this weekend, to give it all a try!

Thanks!
Tristan
Sponsored