Rival 4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport Stingray, JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
Correct me if Im wrong but it looks like if I order the 4 door version, I can leave off the extensions and it should clear a sunrider for hardtop when opened.

If so, that would be perfect for summer and I can add the extensions for winter use.
Just done exactly what we were talking about, thought it’s worth to share :)

Jeep Wrangler JL RIVAL Aluminum No-Drill Roof Rack With Wind Deflector 7C1D5CF2-F49B-4F83-9F88-EE420E271023

Jeep Wrangler JL RIVAL Aluminum No-Drill Roof Rack With Wind Deflector 79173360-4628-488C-8870-4766D1AA789E
Sponsored

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
@Rival 4x4 really considering this roof rack. Seems like the cross bars are way too thick for a cargo box. Do you know if you can mount a Thule cargo box on your roof rack?

OP
OP
Rival 4x4

Rival 4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)
@Rival 4x4 really considering this roof rack. Seems like the cross bars are way too thick for a cargo box. Do you know if you can mount a Thule cargo box on your roof rack?
We didn’t test Thule boxes on our rack, not sure what mounts they have supplied, but it might work with our RTT mounts. But they are out of stock.
Jeep Wrangler JL RIVAL Aluminum No-Drill Roof Rack With Wind Deflector 2C5C3B96-962B-416A-864F-EA0CEF00ED9C

Sponsored

drobicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2DR
Is the 4DR version compatible with a 2DR Wrangler, without the ability to remove freedom panels once installed?

OP
OP
Rival 4x4

Rival 4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)

MOOG5050

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon XR
For those running the full length rack on a jlu, does the deflector interfere with removal or installation of the freedom panels? Looks like it over hangs a bit. And How much noisier is it with freedom panels removed compared to no rack? Thanks!

OP
OP
Rival 4x4

Rival 4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)
For those running the full length rack on a jlu, does the deflector interfere with removal or installation of the freedom panels? Looks like it over hangs a bit. And How much noisier is it with freedom panels removed compared to no rack? Thanks!
The deflector is adjustable and can be set in a position allowing taking freedom panels in and out.
Really hard to say how much noisier it is when going with the rack but without freedom panels - to us personally it's same noisy and windy : ) what's for sure is that wind fairing is not streaming the air into the open cabin, it still goes around the rack.

OP
OP
Rival 4x4

Rival 4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)
Also going with our 2-Door version for 4-Door JL could be a solution.

Jeep Wrangler JL RIVAL Aluminum No-Drill Roof Rack With Wind Deflector GIF-2023-04-27-12-44-24
Jeep Wrangler JL RIVAL Aluminum No-Drill Roof Rack With Wind Deflector IMG_2790

Jeep Wrangler JL RIVAL Aluminum No-Drill Roof Rack With Wind Deflector IMG_2792

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rival 4x4

Rival 4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)
Also going with our 2-Door version for 4-Door JL could be a solution.

However, going with a full rack seems a better option in some situations : )
Jeep Wrangler JL RIVAL Aluminum No-Drill Roof Rack With Wind Deflector 7f27e1c0-8175-4cef-89e6-c03b9b0444bc.JPG

Devsmart

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Is it just the photos or does the 2 door version rack dip towards the front quite severely?

Secondly, would the usual accessory mounts from Rhinorack (for example) fit to this rack?

OP
OP
Rival 4x4

Rival 4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)
Mo
Is it just the photos or does the 2 door version rack dip towards the front quite severely?

Secondly, would the usual accessory mounts from Rhinorack (for example) fit to this rack?
Might be just the photos because same mounts are used as for 4door (just 4 instead of 6). But sometimes they put all 6 there anyways.

We didn’t test Rhino Rack accessories with our platform as we offer some of own accessories for the rack.

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
@Rival 4x4

Please know that I am very impressed with the design of your JL roof rack.

But that said, there are two things I've always wanted to see in hard top rain gutter mounted racks that I wish to share with you.

First, I recognize that the rain gutter will only hold so much weight no mater how a rack interfaces with it, and that further, cudos to you, you have provisions for holding large loads in recognition of this fact.

But I think the limited surface area with which rain gutter racks attach could stand improvement. In other words if a rack came in contact with longer spans of the rain gutter it stands to reason that load per square inch on the rain gutter would be less.

Second, and I think this would help you stand out from other vendors in this space, consider creating an additional and separate component for your rack that independently lies of the Freedom Panel area, but that near seamlessly integrates with your existing rack that lies behind the Freedom Panel area.

Many of us desire this extra rack area for long or large items or lots of gear. As in independent item, it could be kept in the garage when not needed, so Freedom Panels could be removed for enjoyment.

Please consider a design for such an addition where such a front portion connects with your exiting rear component given the potential for gear like surfboards to, at speeds, create a lifting effect upon the 4 per panel attachment points of Freedom Panels.

Thanks for your ear. :)

OP
OP
Rival 4x4

Rival 4x4

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rival4x4usa.com
Vehicle(s)
@Rival 4x4

Please know that I am very impressed with the design of your JL roof rack.

But that said, there are two things I've always wanted to see in hard top rain gutter mounted racks that I wish to share with you.

First, I recognize that the rain gutter will only hold so much weight no mater how a rack interfaces with it, and that further, cudos to you, you have provisions for holding large loads in recognition of this fact.

But I think the limited surface area with which rain gutter racks attach could stand improvement. In other words if a rack came in contact with longer spans of the rain gutter it stands to reason that load per square inch on the rain gutter would be less.

Second, and I think this would help you stand out from other vendors in this space, consider creating an additional and separate component for your rack that independently lies of the Freedom Panel area, but that near seamlessly integrates with your existing rack that lies behind the Freedom Panel area.

Many of us desire this extra rack area for long or large items or lots of gear. As in independent item, it could be kept in the garage when not needed, so Freedom Panels could be removed for enjoyment.

Please consider a design for such an addition where such a front portion connects with your exiting rear component given the potential for gear like surfboards to, at speeds, create a lifting effect upon the 4 per panel attachment points of Freedom Panels.

Thanks for your ear. :)
you had our ears here indeed! That’s a very great feedback, we appreciate any good advise.
Sponsored