Rival 4x4 stubby bumper

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Quadratech has adapters to make the new light pods plug and play. You don’t have to cut or splice anything if you want them to come on like your original fog lights.
Sweet…does this go with any or most aftermarket fogs? Plug and play would definitely be the route if wanna take and have them operating exactly as the pens do.
Sponsored

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Does anyone running this bumper have the forward facing trailcam? I am really close to pulling the trigger on this but wondering how the view from the trailcam looks with this bumper and a winch mounted.

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone running this bumper have the forward facing trailcam? I am really close to pulling the trigger on this but wondering how the view from the trailcam looks with this bumper and a winch mounted.
So I want one. Just haven’t got one. You could easily mount in on under where the pod lights are and I think you would be just fine. That’s where I plan to mount mine.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
So I want one. Just haven’t got one. You could easily mount in on under where the pod lights are and I think you would be just fine. That’s where I plan to mount mine.
I had not considered moving the factory trail cam. I would have to look into this. Thanks!

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone used the actually rival fogs that fit the bumper? If so how difficult or easy is install?
They say plug and play ….but the connectors don’t seem to be the same as factory wiring

Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey all,

I’m currently in the middle of installing this bumper…am now at the point where I need to install the skid plate brackets…..now I have an issue. It says if I don’t have rivet nuts in the frame (which I don’t) , to use the inner bracket M10 pos . V….which I also don’t seem to have but was supposed to be provided.

Here’s a pic below to what I’m speaking of. Double checking everything looking everywhere and can not see this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rival 4x4 stubby bumper DC447515-C6AB-4326-9D5E-0451D49304DC

Any help would be appreciated, as now I’m stuck with the Jeep in limbo not being able to proceed with the install. @Rival 4x4

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Edit: By chance did any of you install rivet nuts instead?

Last edited:

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I’m currently in the middle of installing this bumper…am now at the point where I need to install the skid plate brackets…..now I have an issue. It says if I don’t have rivet nuts in the frame (which I don’t) , to use the inner bracket M10 pos . V….which I also don’t seem to have but was supposed to be provided.

Here’s a pic below to what I’m speaking of. Double checking everything looking everywhere and can not see this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rival 4x4 stubby bumper DC447515-C6AB-4326-9D5E-0451D49304DC

Any help would be appreciated, as now I’m stuck with the Jeep in limbo not being able to proceed with the install. @Rival 4x4

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Edit: By chance did any of you install rivet nuts instead?
yea I believe you need that piece of you don’t have the steel bumper group from the factory. Rival is good about sending stuff you if you are missing it.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
yea I believe you need that piece of you don’t have the steel bumper group from the factory. Rival is good about sending stuff you if you are missing it.
Yea I started trying to find some install vids, came across quadratec Vid (not an install one) but they were promoting the bumper …at one point (I’ll attach a pic) you can see that they have the riv nuts on the frame…so I started thinking did they install this or possibly did they have the steel bumper group.

I’ve tagged and now emailed rival about it. Just sucks as who knows how long that will take to get out to me and now I’ve got the bumper more than half way through (done the hardest part) and now I can’t finish it.
Sucks

Thanks for the reply

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
hit them up on their Instagram page. They are usually pretty quick. I got the hood struts and the package arrived destroyed. They sent a whole new package the next day.

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I started trying to find some install vids, came across quadratec Vid (not an install one) but they were promoting the bumper …at one point (I’ll attach a pic) you can see that they have the riv nuts on the frame…so I started thinking did they install this or possibly did they have the steel bumper group.

I’ve tagged and now emailed rival about it. Just sucks as who knows how long that will take to get out to me and now I’ve got the bumper more than half way through (done the hardest part) and now I can’t finish it.
Sucks

Thanks for the reply

hit them up on their Instagram page. They are usually pretty quick. I got the hood struts and the package arrived destroyed. They sent a whole new package the next day.

Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks I’ll try that

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@klawrence3

I’m reaching out to you bro, simply because you always seem to respond (but anyone else that can help out is greatly appreciate)

so I reached out to rival and after a week I got my brackets in today great I can finally complete this…

Much like the first half went Smoothly untill I didn’t have the bracket. Get them today start rolling through the rest…get the bumper on line up everything out screws in great…go to put the tow hooks…and the screws won’t catch, there a tad to short for me to catch…I adjust bumper, getting one side to catch but not the other.
I’ve adjusted the bumper a bunch and it seems one side is about a quarter inch max away for the screws to catch.

Have you or anyone ran into this issue while installing? If so did you get longer screws? Or do I have to take the bumper off and and pretty much go back to the beginning and try and move the winch bracket? Or will that even make a difference.

I’ve gotten through this great expecte for these 2 lil mishaps.
I feel defeated 😔

please help lol

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@klawrence3

I’m reaching out to you bro, simply because you always seem to respond (but anyone else that can help out is greatly appreciate)

so I reached out to rival and after a week I got my brackets in today great I can finally complete this…

Much like the first half went Smoothly untill I didn’t have the bracket. Get them today start rolling through the rest…get the bumper on line up everything out screws in great…go to put the tow hooks…and the screws won’t catch, there a tad to short for me to catch…I adjust bumper, getting one side to catch but not the other.
I’ve adjusted the bumper a bunch and it seems one side is about a quarter inch max away for the screws to catch.

Have you or anyone ran into this issue while installing? If so did you get longer screws? Or do I have to take the bumper off and and pretty much go back to the beginning and try and move the winch bracket? Or will that even make a difference.

I’ve gotten through this great expecte for these 2 lil mishaps.
I feel defeated 😔

please help lol
Hate your having the issues. I had this issue with one screw on the passenger side for the brackets. I was finally able to get it to bite and the. Screw on. It wasn’t easy but finally got it to grab. Not much help but I did have a similar issue.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hate your having the issues. I had this issue with one screw on the passenger side for the brackets. I was finally able to get it to bite and the. Screw on. It wasn’t easy but finally got it to grab. Not much help but I did have a similar issue.
Thanks dude,

Yea it’s driving me nuts:angry:

Edit: Also passenger side ironically enough

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks dude,

Yea it’s driving me nuts:angry:

Edit: Also passenger side ironically enough
I feel your pain. I remember how frustrating it was but once I finally got it to grab it did fine. I don’t know if it’s the coating that makes it so hard or what.
Sponsored