plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting the pics. I pulled the trigger on front and rear. Mounted rear first and very pleased.
FullSizeRender (002).jpeg
This looks really good, hope they can have an option for accepting backup sensors.
Sponsored

Alex V

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL SPORT
If you're looking at new bumpers I highly recommend rivals. I have installed rival4x4s stubby aluminum bumper and I can't say enough good things about them. Everything from quality to installation is top notch. Even the steel winch plate was easier to install than warns for the steel stock bumper. It's a bonus that it's aluminum to help she weight while maintaining enough reinforcement with the steel winch plate. Pics below and trust me it looks even better in person!!

IMG_20191218_124426_706.jpg

IMG_20200108_094901_261.jpg

IMG_20200103_092420_996.jpg

IMG_20200106_194836_539.jpg

IMG_20191230_133037_067.jpg

IMG_20200109_090110_652.jpg
It's all about Red, Jason : D
Jeep Wrangler JL Rival 4x4 stubby bumper Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 00.10.57

JLBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Factory order JL once I finalize the configuration..
I wish that Rival bumper set would work for me, I really like it but those oblong holes on the recovery hooks would make using them sloppy for flat towing. I wonder why they did that.
It is super hard to find a bumper that meets all my criteria.
1) Good tow points that are also tied into the winch plate for overkill strength when flat towing. (I know, flat towing is totally light duty compared to recovering and has plenty of much weaker links in the entire system but I gotta feel confident about the tow points on the bumper so I can sleep at night)
2) Holes for the factory fog lights or even aftermarket lights if needed.
3) if it has to have a winch mount, it needs to be a Low between the frame rail winch mount so as to not block air flow to the grill. I’ll just throw a quality warn 8k in there for looks.
4) Light weight. I don’t need a rock bashing 1/4” thick wall bumper. It will most likely never touch a rock. Most it will see is some brush.
5) the bumper must have an equivalently good looking and matching rear bumper available to buy with it and have a decent place to put the rear license plate. That’s the killer right there, Nobody leaves a nice pocket to put the plate back where it goes out of the way.
I’ve been researching bumpers for about a month, I’m almost to point of giving up and making my own.
I have made my own rear bumper/swing away tire carrier before. That was back in 2008 when I didnt have any real paying work to do and had time to kill while waiting out the financial crisis though.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I’ve been looking for an aluminum rear bumper. The rock hard 4x4 is at the top of my list but hot damn is that thing fugly and thy didn’t stamp a spot for the tire so you have to awkwardly raise it up into your rear view.
Does this accept the factory tow connector?

Sponsored

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
i love this!!! ordering one for my JLU very soon. how is it so far? and how is it after 6 months of usage. also are these stock tires? 285's on your vehicle ?
Sorry I over looked this post. Still great after 6 months. Yea those are stock rubicon wheels and tires. I will be bumping up to some 35s soon.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been looking for an aluminum rear bumper. The rock hard 4x4 is at the top of my list but hot damn is that thing fugly and thy didn’t stamp a spot for the tire so you have to awkwardly raise it up into your rear view.
Does this accept the factory tow connector?
They do, they provided some spacers as well for the tow connectors

mlhazim

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler JLU sports, GOLF GTI MK7, KIA OPTIMA
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I over looked this post. Still great after 6 months. Yea those are stock rubicon wheels and tires. I will be bumping up to some 35s soon.

already bought one, loving it so far ! thanks to your post i made the purchase. next is the wheels and tires ! thinking of 315's and black rhino wheels

DSC_0446 small.jpg

DSC_0447 small.jpg

klawrence3

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
already bought one, loving it so far ! thanks to your post i made the purchase. next is the wheels and tires ! thinking of 315's and black rhino wheels

Jeep Wrangler JL Rival 4x4 stubby bumper DSC_0447 small

Jeep Wrangler JL Rival 4x4 stubby bumper DSC_0447 small
looks good. Iv added some lights. Next is a winch.

D5D3679F-FDCE-47D7-9C91-50F1A87A580C.jpeg

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
If anyone has a pic of the rear bumper with the towing connector you'd be my hero. Quadratec said it was a no go if you have the towing connectors but I'm still hopeful.

Sponsored

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
I have front and rear sitting at the shop waiting to be installed on my 2020 Rubicon. It’ll be a month or so before I get my Jeep back (collision repair), but I’m stoked.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone here with the full width Rival front bumper know if it would interfere with 35’s or 37’s if it had a 2-2.5 inch lift. I’m considering this front and rear but want to make sure it doesn’t cause problems when I got to bigger tires later on.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Anyone here with the full width Rival front bumper know if it would interfere with 35’s or 37’s if it had a 2-2.5 inch lift. I’m considering this front and rear but want to make sure it doesn’t cause problems when I got to bigger tires later on.

You're good.

Mine&Hers

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
what led cubes did you install and are they driving or flood ?

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
what led cubes did you install and are they driving or flood ?
I installed quadratec floods. Used the adapter for JK (same plug on JL) and plugged them into the same wire as my old fog lights. Work great.
Sponsored