Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.prodigyperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Shara 3.6 TurboCharged~2012 JK Sport TurboCharged~2017 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Twin-Turbo
Occupation
Director of Sales & Marketing
Speaking from experience on aftermarket turbos as you can see in the picture, it's not something I'd want on my Jeep. I'd personally want a E-force or Magnuson if they come out with one. No hot turbo, no hot side plumbing, and no boost side plumbing either to come apart while bouncing around driving over stuff off road. Plus they are based off the Eaton superchargers which have been around on OEMs for years, something no one else can say.

20181023_163843.jpg
Appreciate your input and quality of installation is key for any performance upgrade. That said, we have been manufacturing for over a decade without any parts falling off our customers vehicles. As for intake air temperatures, do your research... The Prodigy Performance Turbo Systems are ambient +30 degrees. See below... The numbers are as high as 115-135 degrees above ambient for roots style without intercooler and +25-30 degrees intercooled. So no advantage there.

101857-c99ba59aa523f23bc7f93aae7b4b55c3.jpg

If turbo's where such a big concern with regard to heat and parts coming off and what not, why did jeep choose to add a turbo to their new model and not a supercharger?

Procharger Intake Air Temp.jpg

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Have any dyno graphs we could see?

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Appreciate your input and quality of installation is key for any performance upgrade. That said, we have been manufacturing for over a decade without any parts falling off our customers vehicles. As for intake air temperatures, do your research... The Prodigy Performance Turbo Systems are ambient +30 degrees. See below... The numbers are as high as 115-135 degrees above ambient for roots style without intercooler and +25-30 degrees intercooled. So no advantage there.

101857-c99ba59aa523f23bc7f93aae7b4b55c3.jpg

If turbo's where such a big concern with regard to heat and parts coming off and what not, why did jeep choose to add a turbo to their new model and not a supercharger?
I agree with what you said. For all out speed and horsepower you can't beat a turbo setup. Maybe there is no also no durability issues with your turno kits. That said my under hood temps with my turbo kit are high and my hot side plumbing is not nearly as long as what your kit has. That's with a blanket on the turbo and everything else wrapped. I'm sure in the new turbo 2.0 Jeeps the turbo is right up by the head where it's supposed to be, where the turbo is also most efficient. Also the hot Downpipe is near the back of the motor so it can be short and not have to wrap all the way around the motor giving off a ton of heat also. Even look at the EcoBoost motors on a V6 those are twin turbo to keep the hot side as short as possible. Not that your kit is bad it's just not ideal IMO and I would just rather have a PD blower on my Jeep even if I didn't make as much power. I'm sure 0-60 a PD supercharged jeep would beat a turbo Jeep every time if you weren't able spool the turbo first which is how I would want my jeep to be fast. It's not like I can see most people wanting to brake torque their Jeep at light to get a jump on somebody. It kind of takes away from the element of surprise. I also can't see a whole lot of people wanting to race from a roll on the freeway with a lift and 37" tires.

TurboTodd

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Shara 3.6 TurboCharged~2012 JK Sport TurboCharged~2017 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Twin-Turbo
Occupation
Have any dyno graphs we could see?
Let me preface by saying that the torque and horsepower numbers don't intersect at 5252 because the graphs are not to scale. We will have more dyno charts soon, but we have been super busy with SEMA stuff, so please don't try an pick apart the graph. It was not altered in any way, stock tires and gears. I am working on some comparison to SC's and when we have those in hand, we will share them. I know what the results are going to be and it's in favor of Prodigy Performance, so I am anxious to share them. In the mean time...
IMG_20180419_200411_509.jpg

Sponsored

TurboTodd

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I agree with what you said. For all out speed and horsepower you can't beat a turbo setup. Maybe there is no also no durability issues with your turno kits. That said my under hood temps with my turbo kit are high and my hot side plumbing is not nearly as long as what your kit has. That's with a blanket on the turbo and everything else wrapped. I'm sure in the new turbo 2.0 Jeeps the turbo is right up by the head where it's supposed to be, where the turbo is also most efficient. Also the hot Downpipe is near the back of the motor so it can be short and not have to wrap all the way around the motor giving off a ton of heat also. Even look at the EcoBoost motors on a V6 those are twin turbo to keep the hot side as short as possible. Not that your kit is bad it's just not ideal IMO and I would just rather have a PD blower on my Jeep even if I didn't make as much power. I'm sure 0-60 a PD supercharged jeep would beat a turbo Jeep every time if you weren't able spool the turbo first which is how I would want my jeep to be fast. It's not like I can see most people wanting to brake torque their Jeep at light to get a jump on somebody. It kind of takes away from the element of surprise. I also can't see a whole lot of people wanting to race from a roll on the freeway with a lift and 37" tires.
Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced response. We are not saying everyone in the world should have a Prodigy Turbo Jeep, but it does have a place in the market. One of our customers just sent us this video of 0-60 on 37" tires and 4.10 gears. Check it out...

lagunajim

Here's a suggestion - don't know about where you live, but here we have two full-fledged Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealerships that own their own Jeep custom shops (soup to nuts, lifts to engines... the works) -- so any work you have performed at the custom shop is considered "OEM dealer work".

If a warranty issue arises, they don't fight with themselves about who is responsible - they just get it fixed by Jeep.

I recommend them totally - the manager of the Jeep custom shop is last year's Baja 1000 winner - he's won a bunch of times over the years. A great guy - Dan Fresh.

OC Motorsports is custom shop, Orange Coast CJD is the dealer = Costa Mesa, CA

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me preface by saying that the torque and horsepower numbers don't intersect at 5252 because the graphs are not to scale. We will have more dyno charts soon, but we have been super busy with SEMA stuff, so please don't try an pick apart the graph. It was not altered in any way, stock tires and gears. I am working on some comparison to SC's and when we have those in hand, we will share them. I know what the results are going to be and it's in favor of Prodigy Performance, so I am anxious to share them. In the mean time...
IMG_20180419_200411_509.jpg
Thanks for replying. Can you explain (for those of not familiar with dyno operations) How a dyno can be out of scale and still read an accurate Dyno pull.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced response. We are not saying everyone in the world should have a Prodigy Turbo Jeep, but it does have a place in the market. One of our customers just sent us this video of 0-60 on 37" tires and 4.10 gears. Check it out...

I could write a lot on my opinions of turbos vs superchargers, my experiences with my turbo kit, and the stuff people don't really tell you about turbo kits. Yes I'm sure your kit has it's place. On my pickup that I built to run the 1/4 mile I like my turbo kit. I just wouldn't want it on my jeep for what I plan on doing with it. Truly the most important part of any FI kit is going to be getting a good tune. Without a proper tune they will all run like crap and the only tune I would personally trust is a custom tune on the vehicle in person by someone who knows what they are doing. With mopar stuff it seems like there are not nearly as many tuners as GM stuff. The guy who tunes my turbo Silverado won't even touch mopar stuff and doesn't even have anyone he'd even recommend for it last I asked. This other guy I asked said the smartest thing I could do is LS swap my Jeep and be done with it but then again the people I know a slightly biased.

Currently if I was really serious about boosting my Jeep more important than figuring what type of kit I would get, I would be trying to figure where I could get a good tune at because that will probably be the biggest factor in being happy or unhappy with whatever you choose. I've seen several complaints about the auto transmissions on JK's not shifting right after a supercharger on the internet. IMO the tune is probably what taking Edlebrock, Magnuson, Ripp, and Sprintex so long to get their stuff on the market.

That said the 3.6 has no balls down low and I think I'd be happiest with a PD supercharger if I could get it to run right.

TurboTodd

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I could write a lot on my opinions of turbos vs superchargers, my experiences with my turbo kit, and the stuff people don't really tell you about turbo kits. Yes I'm sure your kit has it's place. On my pickup that I built to run the 1/4 mile I like my turbo kit. I just wouldn't want it on my jeep for what I plan on doing with it. Truly the most important part of any FI kit is going to be getting a good tune. Without a proper tune they will all run like crap and the only tune I would personally trust is a custom tune on the vehicle in person by someone who knows what they are doing. With mopar stuff it seems like there are not nearly as many tuners as GM stuff. The guy who tunes my turbo Silverado won't even touch mopar stuff and doesn't even have anyone he'd even recommend for it last I asked. This other guy I asked said the smartest thing I could do is LS swap my Jeep and be done with it but then again the people I know a slightly biased.

Currently if I was really serious about boosting my Jeep more important than figuring what type of kit I would get, I would be trying to figure where I could get a good tune at because that will probably be the biggest factor in being happy or unhappy with whatever you choose. I've seen several complaints about the auto transmissions on JK's not shifting right after a supercharger on the internet. IMO the tune is probably what taking Edlebrock, Magnuson, Ripp, and Sprintex so long to get their stuff on the market.

That said the 3.6 has no balls down low and I think I'd be happiest with a PD supercharger if I could get it to run right.
Totally agree with your tuning perspective. Which is why we offer lifetime in-house tuning support and write the tunes in-house. If you let me know what state you're in, I can make some recommendations for Mopar tuning support.

Sponsored

TurboTodd

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here's a suggestion - don't know about where you live, but here we have two full-fledged Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealerships that own their own Jeep custom shops (soup to nuts, lifts to engines... the works) -- so any work you have performed at the custom shop is considered "OEM dealer work".

If a warranty issue arises, they don't fight with themselves about who is responsible - they just get it fixed by Jeep.

I recommend them totally - the manager of the Jeep custom shop is last year's Baja 1000 winner - he's won a bunch of times over the years. A great guy - Dan Fresh.

OC Motorsports is custom shop, Orange Coast CJD is the dealer = Costa Mesa, CA
You make a very good point Jim. We are in Florida and we have several dealers across the US that are OEM dealers as well. I like this model for the same warranty reasons that you mentioned. Once the service departments see the quality of the Prodigy products, it makes it much easier to warranty on top of the warranty we already provide. If anyone needs a recommendation for a particular state, just ask.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Automech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Wrangler (soon)
I'm not sure I understand, if they are not on a correct scale and all your doing is just displaying graph then what is the purpose of the graph?

I ask because I don't see the point if the numbers the graph is being overlaid onto don't matter. Just seems like all that is being displayed is a curved line.

Just would like some clarification as I find your product of interest

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Turbo with the 8 speed is the way to go onthis one fellas. Removing all the extra heat from the motor is going to be the issue here
Sponsored