Sponsored

Ripp Supercharger for 2018 3.6L JL Wrangler

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
CARB is a load of crap. It's just the CA mafia wanting a cut before they can sell their products in our state.

Unfortunately, i'm in this wonderful peoples republic so I'd have to look towards something like edelbrock that usually does carb testing.

From my understanding it's incredibly expensive to get CARB certs, so small companies that may only sell a few hundred of them in CA wouldn't be making a profit.
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
So, who’s going to pull the trigger on the Prodigy for the JL?

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Had the Ripp on my JK, nothing but problems. Multiple shops tried to troubleshoot, Ripp support sucks! They start out happy and responsive, then stop and leave you dead in the water. Yes there was a power boost, when it worked. my advice from experience, don't do it!!

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Had the Ripp on my JK, nothing but problems. Multiple shops tried to troubleshoot, Ripp support sucks! They start out happy and responsive, then stop and leave you dead in the water. Yes there was a power boost, when it worked. my advice from experience, don't do it!!
Thanks for your advice. Nothing like hearing from an actual user.
Now, your experience was with RIPP, is there a relationship between RIPP and Prodigy or are you saying in general to stay away from any type of forced induction?

Sponsored

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Thanks for your advice. Nothing like hearing from an actual user.
Now, your experience was with RIPP, is there a relationship between RIPP and Prodigy or are you saying in general to stay away from any type of forced induction?
My experience was only with Ripp. I have heard good things about sprintex. Honestly I will never supercharge a Jeep again. It was a nice cool factor, but the problems just weren't worth it. Not to mention how much the dealership will push back if you have any engine issues.

TurboTodd

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.prodigyperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Shara 3.6 TurboCharged~2012 JK Sport TurboCharged~2017 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Twin-Turbo
Occupation
Director of Sales & Marketing
So being CARB compliant is a thing in Australia?
It's a California thing only. So the rest of the the world can enjoy our the Prodigy Turbo Kits and plastic drinking straws. :cwl:

TurboTodd

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Shara 3.6 TurboCharged~2012 JK Sport TurboCharged~2017 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Twin-Turbo
Occupation
The majority of the other 49 States could care less about CARB. No disrespect towards anyone who lives in California, but it's true.

+63% RWHP over stock

+75% RWTQ over stock

As I'm not a fan of the JKs and never kept up with them, are you sure you are comparing apples to apples?
The JL is a completely different vehicle, except the 3.6L block. The 8-speed transmission, when tuned properly, allows our system to "stay in the boost". It's all about Tuning, something we know very well. Prodigy Performance offers lifetime tuning support of all of our products.

As for the dyno numbers, we are conservative in what we publish. But to add 75% more torque from stock by adding a 100% bolt on kit... That is unprecedented. Name one other power adder that can do that... And offer lifetime tuning support FREE OF CHARGE.

TurboTodd

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Echo - any new updates on an SC for our JL's?

Again, the other 49 States could care less about CARB, and doubt the certification would add any moneys what so ever to a sell. For sure not with most of the 25 million people in Texas... yes yes there are not 25 million Jeep owners in Texas.
Texas is buying our JL kits like no other state or country. Shout outs to our newest dealers in the great state of TEXAS.
Injected Customs
Round 2 Offroad
Maximum Altitude
Sinister Off Road
Woodlands Performance
Truxx Outfitters
Dixon Automotive
Advanced Marine Service
GO TEXAS, GO BIG, GO TURBO.

TurboTodd

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting how you read it as a suggestion to go buy a JK. It wasn't, just to be on the record. I suggest you re-read what I said in that post about the difficulty in adding a turbo vs. a supercharger. Might also be worth checking out the difference in behaviour of a supercharger vs. a turbo.

Simple turbo setups like these gang bang with dynos and drag strips but it's a different story when you put your foot down at all other times.

Remember, if buyers are critical of things, only we will get better options.
If you know how to properly design, build and tune turbo systems, you have proper boost at all throttle positions... Check the video below

Sponsored

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
LOT O HATE there... 99.99999999% of Jeeps do not need any more "low end torque" for off road purposes. Then again 99.99999999% of people think the key to wheeling is "more" skinny pedal. Ignorance is bliss I guess. What they could use a huge dose of though is some get up and go ON the street.

Who provides this is irrelevant as long as it is legitimate IMO.

Last edited:

Automech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Wrangler (soon)
What happened to all of Prodigy's posts on their turbo? I could have sworn they had a thread on it, other than the discussion going on here I mean.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
What happened to all of Prodigy's posts on their turbo? I could have sworn they had a thread on it, other than the discussion going on here I mean.
It got deleted because it was a train wreck.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Speaking from experience on aftermarket turbos as you can see in the picture, it's not something I'd want on my Jeep. I'd personally want a E-force or Magnuson if they come out with one. No hot turbo, no hot side plumbing, and no boost side plumbing either to come apart while bouncing around driving over stuff off road. Plus they are based off the Eaton superchargers which have been around on OEMs for years, something no one else can say.

20181023_163843.jpg
Sponsored