rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
The supercharger design isn’t the limiting factor, you aren’t taxing any supercharger design’s capabilities. The engine is the first limiting factor, followed by the transmission. Crank the fuel and air too far and you will be replacing hard parts. RIPP customer service is great.
Not true. Even with limited boost, you can tell the difference in the way boost comes in between a positive displacement (e.g twin screw), centrifugal (ripp) and a turbo. In an aftermarket twin screw setup it's violent (in a good way) right off idle and you feel it because the torque management doesn't know it's there. One second your engine is calm and idling at 600 and then bam... mayhem as long as you keep your foot down. In a centrifugal system like your ripp, the boost comes in with rpms and by that time you are moving anyway... it's fun but not a shocking fun.
Sponsored

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 1988 YJ, 1983 CJ8, 1979 CJ7
The setup has to be limited to the running gear. You can tune beyond the engine or transmissions ability to give reasonable service with any of the above configurations. I can turn the traction control off and spin out from standing still, or break them loose rolling. My fueling and boost has to be limited because of the engine’s compression. After you put down more power than you have traction to accommodate, there is no gain to be had on the bottom. An engine rebuild with adjusted compression ratios would be required to feed enough boost and fuel to tell much difference in the design. While I’m no engineer, I do currently own more than 10 supercharged or turbocharged vehicles, from a bmw sedan to a couple of road tractors. I have installed a variety of aftermarket parts on many of them and their predecessors. I will stand by my statement that I’m talking actual performance, not theory. What did you install on yours?

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I had a Hellcat prior to my last deployment and it was awsome. But to Suchestom’s point, you couldn’t do much to make it faster below 60 mph because it was traction limited. I had 315’s on the back and it would still break loose below 40ish if you gave it the whip. Personally I think the entire blower type argument on Jeeps is splitting hairs, all the dyno curves I have seen look pretty similar. I do understAnd their differences and theory, but just haven’t seen it in the after market Jeep applications. If it was me I would go RIPP just because they have been doing Jeeps longer and seam to produce about the same result as anyone with less change to the base design.

For me I ordered the diesel and intend to tune and delete toward end of warranty period. The good thing is it’s America and for 99% of us these vehicles are wants not needs so get whatever you want and do whatever you want to it, if it makes you smile!

Eric200mph

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler rubicon 4dr
Supercharger lag is negligible. Turbochargers experience noticeable lag because you have to generate exhaust to spool the turbo. I put the RIPP system on my JL, I’m not armchair quarterbacking theories, I’m driving it. With a hot tune it will scratch off 37s or break them in a curve. Tune I’m running now is just below that. The supercharger design isn’t the limiting factor, you aren’t taxing any supercharger design’s capabilities. The engine is the first limiting factor, followed by the transmission. Crank the fuel and air too far and you will be replacing hard parts. RIPP customer service is great.
DO you mind the loud air blow off? i found a way to duct mine down , and out the back while loosing air with in the duct , it is super quiet you can barley hear it. and i can hear the slight super charger wine more clearly , makes is less obnoxious

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 1988 YJ, 1983 CJ8, 1979 CJ7
DO you mind the loud air blow off? i found a way to duct mine down , and out the back while loosing air with in the duct , it is super quiet you can barley hear it. and i can hear the slight super charger wine more clearly , makes is less obnoxious
That’s the least attractive part of the setup. I’d be interested in hearing about or seeing your solution.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Supercharger wine... sounds carcinogenic. But if you mean supercharger whine, you don't get the proper menacing sound from a Ripp or a similar centrifugal one... you need a positive displacement unit for that.