Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.prodigyperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Shara 3.6 TurboCharged~2012 JK Sport TurboCharged~2017 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Twin-Turbo
Occupation
Director of Sales & Marketing
Not familiar with formula 1 or Hybrids. In any case damaging the power unit is a pretty vague statement. I'm not trying to give you too much crap but from the searches I've done there doesn't seem to be much info out there on the 3.6. In most other platforms when people want more power they just buy something that already has a hemi in it. In jeeps most people care about offroad capabilities more than speed.

In my other post I ask how much hp on 91 octane at 12psi but thinking about it you probably can't get to 12psi on 91. What boost does your kit provide to safely run on 91? From there I don't see why someone couldn't add meth and bump it up a few psi.

As far as fuel system goes, does adding boost automatically require new fuel injectors and fuel pump? I have seen info about the stock fuel system either.
Many people think turbo's only mean speed and that is not the case. The V8's have more weight and not always a great solution for "more power". When you think of offroading, what people need or want is both torque and horsepower, but mainly torque. No other forced induction solution is more efficient at achieving both of these than that of a turbo. Which is why Jeep introduced a 2.0LTurbo option and not a Hemi option. Keep in mind that there are many variables in the design of a turbo solution. At the drag strip, very large turbo's are used because of when they want the power, so they have turbo lag. The smaller the turbo, the less time it takes to spool and therefore there is less lag. The 2.0L Turbo is very small and virtually no lag. We are somewhere in the middle. We want our customers to be able to reach highway speeds and be able to use cruise control without continuous downshifting. In lower RPM's, say below 2500, the Jeep is great as designed and you don't need more power, so our system is designed to complement the vehicle.

We send our Jeep Wrangler kits with 6-8lbs of boost depending on which model you purchase. We require 91-93 octane for all levels of boost and what you can expect is a fuel economy gain as much as 5MPG. If you choose to adjust the boost levels, you could gain about 20HP per 1lb of boost, but we don't recommend that you do this if you want to maintain a long life expectancy of your engine.

There are many variables with the fuel delivery system and we have designed our kit as it comes out of the box to work with the vehicle as stock as possible. Any parts that would need to be changed or upgraded are provided. In this case, we provide flow matched fuel injectors with a higher flow rate. Nothing else needs to be adjusted.

I want to help you achieve your Jeep dreams. Let me ask you a question... What are you trying to achieve with your vehicle, where are you going to be driving it and how are you going to drive it?
Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Many people think turbo's only mean speed and that is not the case. The V8's have more weight and not always a great solution for "more power". When you think of offroading, what people need or want is both torque and horsepower, but mainly torque. No other forced induction solution is more efficient at achieving both of these than that of a turbo. Which is why Jeep introduced a 2.0LTurbo option and not a Hemi option. Keep in mind that there are many variables in the design of a turbo solution. At the drag strip, very large turbo's are used because of when they want the power, so they have turbo lag. The smaller the turbo, the less time it takes to spool and therefore there is less lag. The 2.0L Turbo is very small and virtually no lag. We are somewhere in the middle. We want our customers to be able to reach highway speeds and be able to use cruise control without continuous downshifting. In lower RPM's, say below 2500, the Jeep is great as designed and you don't need more power, so our system is designed to complement the vehicle.

We send our Jeep Wrangler kits with 6-8lbs of boost depending on which model you purchase. We require 91-93 octane for all levels of boost and what you can expect is a fuel economy gain as much as 5MPG. If you choose to adjust the boost levels, you could gain about 20HP per 1lb of boost, but we don't recommend that you do this if you want to maintain a long life expectancy of your engine.

There are many variables with the fuel delivery system and we have designed our kit as it comes out of the box to work with the vehicle as stock as possible. Any parts that would need to be changed or upgraded are provided. In this case, we provide flow matched fuel injectors with a higher flow rate. Nothing else needs to be adjusted.

I want to help you achieve your Jeep dreams. Let me ask you a question... What are you trying to achieve with your vehicle, where are you going to be driving it and how are you going to drive it?
Like I said I already have a turbo in the family. I know what they can do. I was leaning towards a PD blower for the Jeep but find it interesting that no one has anything out for the JL yet and am wondering if they are having problems for whatever reason. Here's my truck, it does ok for being over 5000lbs.

20181023_163706.jpg

20180324_171334.jpg

20180310_135009.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Looks like they are trying to price their customers right into a plug and play 5th gen LS3 swap... Last I looked those were roughly $12k with full plug n play no hassle/patches integration. Cylinder deactivation and the the glorious sound to boot.

Meh, I may be out of touch with pricing these days as I've not kept up since I closed my business in 2010.

aklino

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed them yesterday, and they responded this morning...
upload_2019-5-22_11-1-31.png

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Any word on Edelbrock's system for the JL? I live about a mile from them. I suppose I could stop by. I had a chance to buy a late JKUR Hard Rock with an Edelbrock system on it. Drove it and liked it. But I think I made the right decision going with a JLUR.

Another question: When considering an Edelbrock system for my truck, I thought I read that to get a valid warranty required an "approved installer" to do the work. Anyone know?

Kapoosh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like they are trying to price their customers right into a plug and play 5th gen LS3 swap... Last I looked those were roughly $12k with full plug n play no hassle/patches integration. Cylinder deactivation and the the glorious sound to boot.

Meh, I may be out of touch with pricing these days as I've not kept up since I closed my business in 2010.
I haven't seen anything like this for $12K. If I could do a full proper swap to an LS3 (with a manual) for under $15K I would probably do it tomorrow. I haven't seen anything for under $30k+.

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
RIPP has a "coming soon" on their site now... not sure how long thats been up as I don't usually visit their site... I popped on there to buy a set of their performance coils and an oil catch can when I saw they now have the JL SC listed as "coming soon"...

Looks like we'll probably have both a RIPP and Edelbrock to choose from as well as ProCharger...

Hopefully with more supercharger's available for the 3.6L JL we'll see more tuners working on it as well...

Sponsored

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 1988 YJ, 1983 CJ8, 1979 CJ7
My new RIPP supercharger kit arrived Yesterday. I can’t get time or shop space to install it until week after next. I don’t intend to DYNO it unless I encounter tuning issues requiring assistance. I have a 2019 Rubicon JLU 3.6 with 5.13 Gears on 37s . I am running a teraflex 4 1/2 inch alpine lift. Can’t wait to drive it.

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C'mon man, stop talking about it and start installing it so we can hear what you think!!! :P

My new RIPP supercharger kit arrived Yesterday. I can’t get time or shop space to install it until week after next. I don’t intend to DYNO it unless I encounter tuning issues requiring assistance. I have a 2019 Rubicon JLU 3.6 with 5.13 Gears on 37s . I am running a teraflex 4 1/2 inch alpine lift. Can’t wait to drive it.

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed my Ripp Supercharger. I put it in a 2019 JLU 3.6 automatic Rubicon Hardtop with 5.13 ring and pinion gearing. It’s rolling on BFG mud terrains, real Beadlock steel wheels, Teraflex 4 1/2 inch short arm alpine 3 lift, falcon shocks. I have Rock Hard patriot full width 1/4 inch thick bumpers, a 10000 pound Zeon 10s winch, swing out spare carrier with matching tire and wheel, jerry cans full of gas, and a carrier over the spare. I have armored rock slide engineering steps, in other words my Jeep is heavy. I installed my supercharger myself, and am very impressed with it. The Jeep runs very strong, accelerates quickly, and is smooth. The engine noise hasn’t changed while cruising, but sounds great accelerating under wide open throttle. There is some noise when the blow off valve is venting while decelerating, its not bad ( sounds good actually). The transmission works well with no additional programming, I actually have enough power to stay in 8th gear in rolling hills. If the mileage computer is close I’ll be back to the fuel mileage I was getting when the Jeep was in its factory configuration. I’ll know more after I get a few miles on it.

Last edited:

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear you are liking it. How difficult was the install?

I installed my Ripp Supercharger. I put it in a 2019 JLU 3.6 automatic Rubicon Hardtop with 5.13 ring and pinion gearing. It’s rolling on BFG mud terrains, real Beadlock steel wheels, Teraflex 4 1/2 inch short arm alpine 3 lift, falcon shocks. I have Rock Hard patriot full width 1/4 inch thick bumpers, a 10000 pound Zeon 10s winch, swing out spare carrier with matching tire and wheel, jerry cans full of gas, and a carrier over the spare. I have armored rock slide engineering steps, in other words my Jeep is heavy. I installed my supercharger myself, and am very impressed with it. The Jeep runs very strong, accelerates quickly, and is smooth. The engine noise hasn’t changed while cruising, but sounds great accelerating under wide open throttle. There is some noise when the blow off valve is venting while decelerating, its not bad ( sounds good actually). The transmission works well with no additional programming, I actually have enough power to stay in 8th gear in rolling hills. If the mileage computer is close I’ll be back to the fuel mileage I was getting when the Jeep was in its factory configuration. I’ll know more after I get a few miles on it.

Suchestom

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The install wasn’t particularly difficult, but was time consuming. I probably spent 16 hours installing it. My winch and bumper have to be moved to remove the grill... I have the installation instructions in pdf if you want to see the process in detail.
Sponsored