Sponsored

Ripp Supercharger for 2018 3.6L JL Wrangler

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Echo - any new updates on an SC for our JL's?

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Echo - any new updates on an SC for our JL's?
I've spoken with Sprintex and the lead tech said they're putting the final touches on to their system. I'm guessing it should be ready in a few months.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
I've spoken with Sprintex and the lead tech said they're putting the final touches on to their system. I'm guessing it should be ready in a few months.
Good to hear. I emailed them about a month ago and they never returned my email. Makes me hesitant to buy from them.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear. I emailed them about a month ago and they never returned my email. Makes me hesitant to buy from them.
I've had great success when calling them. Why not call the head office in Perth, Australia directly... totally worth it: +61 8 9262 7277

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Says:

NOTES:
* Not for Sale or Legal in California

Very much behind in terms of CARB certification compared to some of the other power adders.

Also they say it's +63% RWHP over stock which is barely the same as JK-gen superchargers with CARB. The installation of turbos is also a lot more complicated and you get much higher underhood temps... not sure if the fuss is worth it except on "track day".

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Says:

NOTES:

Very much behind in terms of CARB certification compared to some of the other power adders.

Also they say it's +63% RWHP over stock which is barely the same as JK-gen superchargers with CARB. The installation of turbos is also a lot more complicated and you get much higher underhood temps... not sure if the fuss is worth it except on "track day".
So being CARB compliant is a thing in Australia?

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ (+about $30k)/14 4runner on 6112s n Icons (looking at JLURs)
Says:

NOTES:

The majority of the other 49 States could care less about CARB. No disrespect towards anyone who lives in California, but it's true.

+63% RWHP over stock

+75% RWTQ over stock

As I'm not a fan of the JKs and never kept up with them, are you sure you are comparing apples to apples?

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
So being CARB compliant is a thing in Australia?
Think of it like this... there's a lot of power-adder crap that's in the non-CARB boat. When it's time to re-sell, everyone's skeptical and having CARB is better than not having CARB.

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think of it like this... there's a lot of power-adder crap that's in the non-CARB boat. When it's time to re-sell, everyone's skeptical and having CARB is better than not having CARB.
Again, the other 49 States could care less about CARB, and doubt the certification would add any moneys what so ever to a sell. For sure not with most of the 25 million people in Texas... yes yes there are not 25 million Jeep owners in Texas.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
+63% RWHP over stock
+75% RWTQ over stock

As I'm not a fan of the JKs and never kept up with them, are you sure you are comparing apples to apples?
Interesting how you read it as a suggestion to go buy a JK. It wasn't, just to be on the record. I suggest you re-read what I said in that post about the difficulty in adding a turbo vs. a supercharger. Might also be worth checking out the difference in behaviour of a supercharger vs. a turbo.

Simple turbo setups like these gang bang with dynos and drag strips but it's a different story when you put your foot down at all other times.

Remember, if buyers are critical of things, only we will get better options.

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having come from an Aerospace manufacturing background and having been the former owner of a small rally car based business, I assure you I'm versed in "the difference in behaviour of a supercharger vs. a turbo."

Maybe you need to re-read my posts and understand I made no assumptions of yours or anyone else's posts. I was merely stating the fact that CARB matters... for the most part only to those who live in California. Sure there is some credence to your statement, but far too little to have any noticeable market impact.

So ease up there a little brother... there is no inflection on the "interweb" and far too many people get their feathers ruffled unnecessarily.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Again, the other 49 States could care less about CARB, and doubt the certification would add any moneys what so ever to a sell. For sure not with most of the 25 million people in Texas... yes yes there are not 25 million Jeep owners in Texas.
It's true here in MO, No one cares about CARB or in any one of the 8 states that border us. Not discounting what Rock has said, but for resale here, CARB really only matters in CA.
Sponsored