Sponsored

Ring Light and Brake Light not working

First Name
Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Hello, I recently installed a quadratec ring light and neither the ring light and third brake light above the spare work. It seems to not be getting any ground but I can't find the fuse in the fuse box. All wiring is good and there is no pinching anywhere. What to do?

-Briana
Sponsored

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I recently installed a quadratec ring light and neither the ring light and third brake light above the spare work. It seems to not be getting any ground but I can't find the fuse in the fuse box. All wiring is good and there is no pinching anywhere. What to do?

-Briana
Has it worked at all since you connected it?
What happens when you pull the harness out of the equation and just connect the original brake light? Does it work?
Do you have a multi meter to test with or maybe a test light?

Pimppapa1977

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlur

-Briana
Did you ever fix this? Same dang issue..brand new jeep

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Did you ever fix this? Same dang issue..brand new jeep
@Pimppapa1977

This / your issue is a self inflicted so to speak issue..

You or someone else tapped into the factory 3rd brake light ...... muffed the procedure or or did poor connections, etc. and ended up with 3rd brake light being inoperative.

Can't fault the "brand new jeep" for that but rather the person that bastardized the 3rd brake light set-up/harness..

Since you have not been able to remedy this issue yourself, I suggest you remove your 3rd brake light ring... get the JL back to stock, and then go to the dealer and have them address the issue..

Perhaps, if you do not tell them / volunteer that the 3rd brake light had benn bastardized you may find them fixing under warranty / at no cost to you.

Pimppapa1977

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlur
@Pimppapa1977

This / your issue is a self inflicted so to speak issue..

You or someone else tapped into the factory 3rd brake light ...... muffed the procedure or or did poor connections, etc. and ended up with 3rd brake light being inoperative.

Can't fault the "brand new jeep" for that but rather the person that bastardized the 3rd brake light set-up/harness..

Since you have not been able to remedy this issue yourself, I suggest you remove your 3rd brake light ring... get the JL back to stock, and then go to the dealer and have them address the issue..

Perhaps, if you do not tell them / volunteer that the 3rd brake light had benn bastardized you may find them fixing under warranty / at no cost to you.

I figured it out..its actually the wire harness itself..I ordered a new one..

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Make sure you don't install the wiring harness backwards, at first glance I thought that you should just unplug the 3rd brake light and use the side of the harness with 2 connectors up top and the 1 connector side hooked up to the ring light but that is incorrect. The single side of the harness plugs into the 3rd factory break light and then you have to take the factory wire all the way down and plug it into the harness with 2 connectors and plug the ring light into the the 2nd connector.
Sponsored