Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Update:
My wife is finally happy with the stance/look of the Jeep. Rubi rim/tires, 2.5" RC body lift. The reality is it raise the front 2.5" and the rear 2" so that the rake is gone from the front. I call it a 2" lift.

BEFORE:
upload_2018-6-26_10-38-36.jpeg

AFTER:
upload_2018-6-26_10-38-50.jpeg
Sponsored

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No, a lift of any kind will lift the entire Jeep, frame and all. The diff between a budget/body lift is that you do not get new longer springs and shocks for more articulation that you get in a suspension lift. Either lift will accomplish a total Jeep raise.

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, a lift of any kind will lift the entire Jeep, frame and all. The diff between a budget/body lift is that you do not get new longer springs and shocks for more articulation that you get in a suspension lift. Either lift will accomplish a total Jeep raise.
These are two different things. A body lift (this is the term you used post 61) is a collection of spacers that go between the body and the frame not the on the springs which is what you have. I asked the question to confirm that what you meant was the spring spacer set and not a body lift. If you check out RC's site you'll see they are two different sub categories.

RC.jpg

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I stand corrected! Sorry about that, I've heard the terms budget lift and body lift used and assumed they were the same thing. My bad, I guess I'm still in the Noob category :)

That leads me to a question, would a body lift be used to simply put larger tires on? That's the only thing I can think of because it will allow more room from the fenders to the ground.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I stand corrected! Sorry about that, I've heard the terms budget lift and body lift used and assumed they were the same thing. My bad, I guess I'm still in the Noob category :)

That leads me to a question, would a body lift be used to simply put larger tires on? That's the only thing I can think of because it will allow more room from the fenders to the ground.
Yes, that is all that a body lift will do. A spring spacer lift like you installed would increase ground clearance from both the increased spring height and the larger tires, whereas a body lift would not affect ground clearance whatsoever without larger tires.

I don't think ANYONE body lifts a jeep, at least not anyone reasonable.

Did you install the rubi suspension parts or not? I don't see red shocks.

Sponsored

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yes, that is all that a body lift will do. A spring spacer lift like you installed would increase ground clearance from both the increased spring height and the larger tires, whereas a body lift would not affect ground clearance whatsoever without larger tires.

Did you install the rubi suspension parts or not? I don't see red shocks.
With JK and JLs body lifts are generally not used. I had a body lift on my TJ but it was so I could lift the transfercase up completely between the frame and smooth out the bottom with a skid.

8399873185_99616a32ef_b.jpg
DSC_2872 by Roy Loso II, on Flickr

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Did you install the Rubi suspension parts or not? I don't see red shocks.
We decided against the Rubi suspension for two reason:
My wife only wanted a 2" lift and adding that plus Rubi suspension would have been closer to 3"
My wife likes the ride of the Sahara suspension and wanted to keep it. The little bit of stiffness from the lift doesn't bother her.

I figure I'll hang on to the Rubi stuff in case of a need in the future. BTW, front control arms and all sway bar links are identical between Rubi and Sahara (I was given them with the shocks and coils).

On another post I read where a guy test drove both Rubi and Sahara and he and his son noted that the Rubi seemed "bouncier" than the Sahara, the the Sahara had a firmer ride. They suspected it was for off road capabilities however I've heard others say the Rubi is stiffer.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
" My Wife has a Sahara " = Lift & 35's = Happy Wife = Happy Life .............In sickness and In Health I now pronounce you Man and JeepWife

022.jpg

038.jpg

031.jpg
Your GCM JL looks phenomenal. I've been searching for wheels for my Stinger Gray and the Black Rhino Warlords are one of my finalists. How have they been holding up for you and any concerns? Also, which lift kit did you go with?
I work in Sarasota but live in Punta Gorda. May see your Jeep cruising around SRQ.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Your GCM JL looks phenomenal. I've been searching for wheels for my Stinger Gray and the Black Rhino Warlords are one of my finalists. How have they been holding up for you and any concerns? Also, which lift kit did you go with?
I work in Sarasota but live in Punta Gorda. May see your Jeep cruising around SRQ.
Thank You !

Love the whole set up !
2" Mopar lift , Toyo open country 35" MT , 20x9 Black Rhino Warlords
I'm getting 17.5 mpg , great response ! and handling !

Black Rhino Rims are Unique and I don't see them often on the west coast

I'd be glad to stop by someday so you can see in person

Take a look at my garage for more info and pics !!
Sponsored