Sponsored

Rigid Industries Cube Lights powered by factory fog light wiring

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Okay, I have a Tazer. What is the setting called?
It’s something like “fog light drop” or “drop fog”. I think it’s the only thing with the word “fog” in it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
It’s something like “fog light drop” or “drop fog”. I think it’s the only thing with the word “fog” in it.

Thanks for the tip, I found it on the Tazer and it worked great. This is why I love this site, People helping people.

ADKJLR

First Name
Curry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I have a set of 4” round selective yellow Rigid 360 SAE pods on the way to my house right now. , and I also intend to run them on my fog light harness. In order to not cut into my factory harness, I bought these on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/TOMALL-Connector-Pigtail-Harnesses-Replacement/dp/B07GFHNQJP

They attach to the ends of the harness and have two flying leads I intend to attach the leads on the Rigid light pods. Crimp about 4 clamps, add a little heat-shrink, and you’re done.
So how did this work out? I am planning on doing this same exact thing on my new Rubicon. Any tips or pictures you can share?

Hellayella HB

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Braved the cold out in the garage today and wired them up. Works awesome. This is great because it saved me from using one of my AUX switches for these lights and it was super convenient. The only hassle I had was my big ass hands dropped a wrench while trying to tighten one of the lights down. Of course it dropped in behind the winch at which time I called the winch a dam wench because I could not get my hands in to get the wrench. Had to take off the grill and loosen the front bumper to get the wrench out from behind the winch... It was a wench of a time.
Hey Ted. I know this is an old post but I found it while searching for a similar issue. Bear with me, as I’m a super rookie with this stuff, first time I’ve done anything like this on the Jeep. So here’s the deal. When I ditched by plastic bumper, I mistakenly left the wiring harness in, so just received a new one. Installed the Rigid cube lights, and went to plug them into the harness ends, and realized they aren’t compatible. Like I said, rookie 😐. I think some of the feedback on this thread likely addresses this, but am unsure. Below are pictures of the harness I bought as a replacement, the ‘plug’ end of one of the harness receptacles, and then a picture of the end of the Rigid ‘plug’. What did you do/what adaptor did you use, etc. to make yours work with the factory harness. Thanks in advance, appreciate it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rigid Industries Cube Lights powered by factory fog light wiring 1FCEFA95-198F-4FCB-A10C-64DC4728F93C
Jeep Wrangler JL Rigid Industries Cube Lights powered by factory fog light wiring 3C5246B2-11E9-40D1-931D-4FB1DD1F8A71
Jeep Wrangler JL Rigid Industries Cube Lights powered by factory fog light wiring 02090DB1-B7CC-4C6A-9C46-5BA39928EDDD

Hellayella HB

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Braved the cold out in the garage today and wired them up. Works awesome. This is great because it saved me from using one of my AUX switches for these lights and it was super convenient. The only hassle I had was my big ass hands dropped a wrench while trying to tighten one of the lights down. Of course it dropped in behind the winch at which time I called the winch a dam wench because I could not get my hands in to get the wrench. Had to take off the grill and loosen the front bumper to get the wrench out from behind the winch... It was a wench of a time.
OK, after further investigation, I think I found an adapter that will solve this. Just ordered From Amazon, we’ll see how it goes!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012U227KG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I cut the plug off and just connected the wires. I use these type of wiring connectors. These connectors have solder in them and heat shrink all with a heat gun. They are super easy to use and have made doing wiring on the Jeep easy.

solder and heat shrink wiring connectors

Hellayella HB

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I cut the plug off and just connected the wires. I use these type of wiring connectors. These connectors have solder in them and heat shrink all with a heat gun. They are super easy to use and have made doing wiring on the Jeep easy.

Thanks Ted, appreciate the input! I think I’ll give this a shot.

Hellayella HB

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Hey Ted. Looked at this a bit more and wanted to confirm. You cut off the plug ends of the cube light wires and the plug end of the harness, crimping those together, correct? Or did you connect the wires from the main harness to the wires/plug of the harness that came with the Rigid lights, creating a plug end on the harness that then fits with the cubes? Since there’s no turning back want to make sure I understood! Thank you.
Sponsored