zshowket

First Name
Ziyad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler & 2008 Rubicon 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
As a number have before me, I got tired of the anemic back up lights on the JL. I installed 4 flush mounted rigid ignite series lights. These are the flood diffused versions that come in packs of two as a back up light kit. Let me tell you, 2 would have been plenty, but more is better. I am aware of the fact that a couple of good trips down the trail will potential destroy the lights in the center, but time will tell.

I installed these without removing the bumper. Just measure 5 times and you can do it. Drill the outside from the underneath, there is a target so you can get the drill in the center. The punch out the larger hole from the back.

I powered them off the rear power outlet and used a trigger wire from the factory rear tail light to a relay- it is white with a light brown stripe. I did get this information from here as well. By doing this there is no interference from any other sources into the factory system.

20190331_133208.jpg

20190331_221330.jpg
Sponsored

richaudet

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep JLUR MOJITO!
As a number have before me, I got tired of the anemic back up lights on the JL. I installed 4 flush mounted rigid ignite series lights. These are the flood diffused versions that come in packs of two as a back up light kit. Let me tell you, 2 would have been plenty, but more is better. I am aware of the fact that a couple of good trips down the trail will potential destroy the lights in the center, but time will tell.

I installed these without removing the bumper. Just measure 5 times and you can do it. Drill the outside from the underneath, there is a target so you can get the drill in the center. The punch out the larger hole from the back.

I powered them off the rear power outlet and used a trigger wire from the factory rear tail light to a relay- it is white with a light brown stripe. I did get this information from here as well. By doing this there is no interference from any other sources into the factory system.

20190331_133208.jpg

20190331_221330.jpg
I did the same thing over the weekend. 2 should be fine for me though. Any pics of those 4 lighting up a stadium?

received_386336785538273.jpeg

JeffK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram 2500 5.9 2019 JLU Rubicon

20190331_133208.jpg

20190331_221330.jpg
Steel Bumper? What size hole saw did you use?

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I did the same thing over the weekend. 2 should be fine for me though. Any pics of those 4 lighting up a stadium?

received_386336785538273.jpeg
Do you have pics of the light throw from just 2 on the outside? Preferably the rear camera. Same with @zshowket !

Thanks!

trippnk

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray JLUR 2.0L
Do you have pics of the light throw from just 2 on the outside? Preferably the rear camera. Same with @zshowket !

Thanks!
I just purchased these same lights and would love to see a pic of the two lights at the ends of the bumpers vs the middle ones. Based on past experience the lights in the middle seem to wash out the camera pretty bad…..
Sponsored