Rigid 360 series backlighting with main light

Okanaganer

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler rubicon
It is odd that I have not stumbled on this question/answer after searching, but here it goes...

Are these lights able to run with the backlighting and main beams on at the same time? I was planning on using an Aux switch for the backlight and another for the main. However, it would be a pain to toggle off the backlight and then turn on the main each time. My apologies if this has been answered before, but I could not find it.
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
It is odd that I have not stumbled on this question/answer after searching, but here it goes...

Are these lights able to run with the backlighting and main beams on at the same time? I was planning on using an Aux switch for the backlight and another for the main. However, it would be a pain to toggle off the backlight and then turn on the main each time. My apologies if this has been answered before, but I could not find it.

I have the Rigid 360 Series 6" driving lights with white back lighting and was told absolutely they can both be run at the same time...I will be installing this weekend and plan to tie the back lighting into the daytime running lights and use one of my Aux switches for the driving beam. I will try and look at a wiring schematic but should be able to use the factory driving light feed to a trigger a relay for the backlighting. Old school, I would just tie into the factory driving light feed as the backlighting does not draw much current but with all the sensors in these rigs, it would likely throw a code...Plus, I might add some of the 4" 360 spots for the bull bar and the combined draw might be an issue.

OP
OP

Okanaganer

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler rubicon
I installed mine today. I’ve heard other say that the backlighting is very low. They are correct, they are not very bright. The main lights are very bright though!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rigid 360 series backlighting with main light EF2D8CBB-32A1-45EF-A6F4-5A104795E74F

Last edited:

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I installed mine today. I’ve heard other say that the backlighting is very low. They are correct, they are not very bright. The main lights are very bright though!
EF2D8CBB-32A1-45EF-A6F4-5A104795E74F.jpeg
I have a set of these on the way. What did you wire the backlight into?

My Jeep didn't come with the LED package, but I added all of it later. Had some issues with the DRLs until I got the Tazer, so I'm wary of tying into those. I was a very early adapter of the LED swap, so my headlight halo rings are powered by the fuse for my cigarette lighter. I know the backlight is a very minimal draw, but wonder if tying the backlight into that wire would be too much power for that fuse?

OP
OP

Okanaganer

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler rubicon
I have a set of these on the way. What did you wire the backlight into?

My Jeep didn't come with the LED package, but I added all of it later. Had some issues with the DRLs until I got the Tazer, so I'm wary of tying into those. I was a very early adapter of the LED swap, so my headlight halo rings are powered by the fuse for my cigarette lighter. I know the backlight is a very minimal draw, but wonder if tying the backlight into that wire would be too much power for that fuse?
I got lazy, lol. I simply tied the back lighting into one of the Aux switches (Aux 3). That way I have control over it. In British Columbia it is not legal to have off road lights uncovered on the street. So, I didn’t think it was worthwhile to tie it into DRL and then just have to disconnect if the authorities stopped me.

Sponsored

Thrillhouse28

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlus
I love your setup! Would you mind sharing a couple pictures with the backlights on. One at night with headlights on and another in daylight with led drl?

OP
OP

Okanaganer

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler rubicon
I love your setup! Would you mind sharing a couple pictures with the backlights on. One at night with headlights on and another in daylight with led drl?
You bet. I’m in Daytona for a race this week, but will get a few pictures when I get back home.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I will be installing this weekend and plan to tie the back lighting into the daytime running lights and use one of my Aux switches for the driving beam.
Did you ever do this? I'm curious if there are any issues. I was also wondering if you could splice both backlighting wires into one and run it to only one of the running lights so you only have to do it once.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Did you ever do this? I'm curious if there are any issues. I was also wondering if you could splice both backlighting wires into one and run it to only one of the running lights so you only have to do it once.

Not yet, got sidetracked with work and then decided to have the mounting brackets powder coated black (brackets on 360 series come raw stainless) so unfortunately it will still be a couple weeks till I get to it. Will post how it went afterwards however!

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I had nothing better to do today, so I wired up the backlights. I ran one wire to each side instead of splicing them into one, and tied them into the DRLs. I only had to remove the first 3 retainers and the top fender liner bolt and could easily get to the wires. I will say the backlighting is absolutely blinding in these pics compared to real life, no idea why.

Speaking of no idea why, I tied the wires into the white/brown wire, which I understood to be the power wire for the DRL. However, the backlighting doesn't come on when the Jeep is in daytime mode. They do come on with every other light position (parking lights /headlights /auto). I know I don't need them in daytime, but why would they not come on in daytime mode when the DRLs are still on?

Jeep Wrangler JL Rigid 360 series backlighting with main light IMG_6637

Jeep Wrangler JL Rigid 360 series backlighting with main light IMG_6638

Last edited:

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have a different set of lights than this thread is about, but they also have a backlight. I spliced 2 of them together, before tying into the parking light circuit. Did this on both sides because I have 4 lamps on the bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rigid 360 series backlighting with main light 20210127_195638

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I had nothing better to do today, so I wired up the backlights. I ran one wire to each side instead of splicing the into one, and tied them into the DRLs. I only had to remove the first 3 retainers and the top fender liner bolt and could easily get to the wires. I will say the backlighting is absolutely blinding in these pics compared to real life, no idea why.

Speaking of no idea why, I tied the wires into the white/brown wire, which I understood to be the power wire for the DRL. However, the backlighting doesn't come on when the Jeep is in daytime mode. They do come on with every other light position (parking lights /headlights /auto). I know I don't need them in daytime, but why would they not come on in daytime mode when the DRLs are still on?

It's sounding like your on the running light circuit.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I have a different set of lights than this thread is about, but they also have a backlight. I spliced 2 of them together, before tying into the parking light circuit. Did this on both sides because I have 4 lamps on the bumper.
Do you happen to know the color of the wire you tapped into?