Sponsored

Right Rear Corner Noise

Viggen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2door
Experiencing a noise in right rear corner of my 2 door Wrangler Sport. Heard at low speeds and usually loudest in reverse. Sounds like a light bumping noise. Jeep spending 2nd night at dealer. Dealer states they can hear the noise, but cannot locate the problem. Dealer states they tested similar Wranglers in stock with same results. However, no remedy. Please let me if you have had or having this problem. Solutions? Thanks to all.
Sponsored

Northern88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler jl 2 dr
Mine makes a noise in the rear when I’m slowing down or slowly creeping, also more when I’m in reverse. Sounds like little bumps coming from the under carriage. Haven’t taken it in yet but it doesn’t seem like a normal noise. I’ve had the creaking noises from the weather stripping but this is something else. Please update when the dealer finds the cause.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
So I’m dealing with this too. I noticed it right after I installed my smittybilt rails and thought that was it so I sprayed some wd40 on the body mount bolt area and the sound went away for a few days. Thing is they don’t attach to the body mount bolts but the 2 little bolts next to it. It’s driving me crazy but I think it has to do with the body mounts.

OP
OP
Viggen

Viggen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Checked brakes, lug nuts, tailgate, tested without spare and jack. Will check suspension and exhaust. Dealer still has the Jeep today and can not locate source.

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Anybody in this thread with a manual transmission? I had this same kind of noise from the rear right side, mostly slowing down into a turn. For engine-run-quality reasons (which is a thread or three in itself) I turned off my "Hill Start Assist," in the settings section of my dash display. Not only did it seem to help engine smoothness, but I also haven't heard that noise in the rear, since. I suspect it all has to do with the way they somehow were using the anti-lock brake capability for other reasons. I can also start BETTER on a hill, than I first could, before turning it OFF!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Viggen

Viggen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer states the sound is normal. Time to escalate.

Northern88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler jl 2 dr
This is my first Jeep but that noise definitely doesn’t sound like anything normal to me, especially since it’s been getting louder recently.

Tech20@

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 Doors
I’m having the same problem I bough my first Jeep almost a week. But I heard the same sound from the rear right corner...
thank you.

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I’m having the same problem I bough my first Jeep almost a week. But I heard the same sound from the rear right corner...
thank you.
Manual or automatic transmission? I have a manual, that had this problem. When I turned off my "hill start assist" feature, I never heard the noise again.

Then again, maybe I am just blocking it out. Welcome to the world of Jeeps that are okay with Fiat. You'll be blocking out a LOT of things.

Sponsored

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Bumping this thread. Did anyone ever get theirs resolved? Mine started making this noise a few weeks ago. I hear a thudding / bumping noise coming from the right passenger side when making turns at low speeds. Almost sounds like something is rolling around in the trunk. I’m probably going to take it in since I’m still under warranty, but wanted to know if anyone else has resolved it. Sometimes It sounds like the Jeep is 20 years old and falling apart!

borntostun

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Ever find a fix for this? Where are the body mounts exactly. After months of trying to find it with no luck. The only progress I’ve made is if the tailgate is wide open and you idle forward, it stops. Window up, tailgate close - still there. Window down, tailgate just barely patched so it’s not touching window - still there. So, something in the weight distribution throwing off the rattle or something in the hinges when the tailgate is near or fully closed? Any ideas? Thanks.
Sponsored