Sponsored

Right Hand Drive Rubicon Aux switch wiring locations?

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Hi all, has anyone with a RHD Rubicon managed to locate the auxiliary switch wiring loom termination points?
I believe there should be one wiring bundle inside the vehicle somewhere near the driver or passenger footwell and a second inside the engine compartment near the fuse box. But I can't seem to locate either.
As far as I am aware each wiring bundle should have the positive feeds from the four aux switches along with a permanent live and ignition switched live and possibly an earth.
Any clues as to where they may be??!! Thanks
Sponsored

JohnnyB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red,
Hi all, has anyone with a RHD Rubicon managed to locate the auxiliary switch wiring loom termination points?
I believe there should be one wiring bundle inside the vehicle somewhere near the driver or passenger footwell and a second inside the engine compartment near the fuse box. But I can't seem to locate either.
As far as I am aware each wiring bundle should have the positive feeds from the four aux switches along with a permanent live and ignition switched live and possibly an earth.
Any clues as to where they may be??!! Thanks
Evening, I've just had a look on mine and I can see the bundle that you're referring to at the end of the fuse box that is nearest to the main battery - tucked away!!

OP
OP

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Thanks Chris, I'll have another look tomorrow. A bit dark outside now that the clocks have gone back :(

Update:

Followed Chris' suggestion and found a bundle of four wires tucked away between the side of the fuse box and the inner wing at the end of the fuse box closest to the battery. So I'm guessing these must be the ones. Couldn't see any other wires though so perhaps there is isn't a permanent live and switched live in the bundle in the engine compartment. But good to know where the Aux wiring is located.

In an attempt to figure out why the batteries keep losing charge, I am going to change my dashcam power units from permanently live to switched live. The dashcam power supply units have a built in low voltage cut-off, but I think they could be responsible for dropping the vehicle battery voltage if the vehicle isn't used for several days. I was hoping to wire them into the ignition switched feed in the Aux switch wiring bundle, but I'll use a piggy back fuse connector inside the fuse box instead. The front dashcam PSU is currently wired directly to the battery +ve using an in line fuse at the battery end for safety. The rear dashcam PSU is already wired into the power socket in the boot. Power to that socket can either be permanently live or ign. switch live depending on the fuse position F43/F45. So if I piggy back that fuse whilst it is in the ign. switched position and connect the front PSU to the piggyback, then that should do the trick.

Once complete, I'll check the current draw on the batteries with the vehicle parked up. I'm sure there is another issue somewhere and this is why I get a low battery warning on most start-ups. Also, the ESS continues not to work unless I charge the batteries with a charger. I want to eliminate the dashcams 1st as these are the only non original equipment on the Jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited: