2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Just from comfort standpoint the best ride on my Sport JLU was with Rubi suspension and stock sport tires.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
It makes no sense that a rubicon suspension will make the ride of a sport "better". It has stiffer springs and shocks and it also raise de center of gravity. I did it on my sport and the difference is quite noticeable,my wife noticed it the most. Rubi springs + shocks will not improve on road manners from a sport suspension engineered for on road performance. Folks saying their ride got better, either like it stiffer (thats what she said), or are under the effects of the placebo effect. The placebo effect is quite common in folk who modify their jeeps.

Try different pressure settings, try 33~34 cold.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It makes no sense that a rubicon suspension will make the ride of a sport "better". It has stiffer springs and shocks and it also raise de center of gravity. I did it on my sport and the difference is quite noticeable,my wife noticed it the most. Rubi springs + shocks will not improve on road manners from a sport suspension engineered for on road performance. Folks saying their ride got better, either like it stiffer (thats what she said), or are under the effects of the placebo effect. The placebo effect is quite common in folk who modify their jeeps.

Try different pressure settings, try 33~34 cold.
Sport shocks are crap. Sport suspension engineered only to save money, that's it. With rubicon shocks ride got more controlled and they definitely did not feel stiffer. It does lean more in turns with rubi springs, but its not a sport car and I can still pass most of the cars and SUVs on mountain roads.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Dude you are scarring me. I have a JLU coming sometime in December in addition to the 2019 that I already own.. I don't want to hear what you are saying..

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepXalfa

First Name
Evo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 JL 2dr
Dude you are scarring me. I have a JLU coming sometime in December in addition to the 2019 that I already own.. I don't want to hear what you are saying..
Haha... on the other hand, I would like to hear your feedback. Maybe its just my JLU is bad.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Sport shocks are crap. Sport suspension engineered only to save money, that's it. With rubicon shocks ride got more controlled and they definitely did not feel stiffer. It does lean more in turns with rubi springs, but its not a sport car and I can still pass most of the cars and SUVs on mountain roads.
Both shocks are crap. You are buying into FCA marketing. If your jeep leans more in turns than it did before, then your suspension has not improved its on road manners. Placebo effect. The rubicon IS stiffer which is a good thing for those of us who take our jeeps on the trail. I checked the shocks myself.

the rubi suspension gives better articulation and much better handling offroad. All off road benefits while keeping decent on road manners, there is always a tradeoff between onroad and offroad. Those switching their sport suspension to rubicon to improve onroad manners only are wasting their time and money and actually making it worse.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Yup, placebo effect. I’ve driven both Sport and Rubicon, Rubicon is definitely “stiffer”. Greatly prefer Sport on a paved road (off road the edge goes to Rubicon). Life is full of compromises. Where do YOU drive most of the time? That’s the place you want the best ride, cause that where you’re spending your time.

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both shocks are crap....
That is actually true :) but Rubi shocks are noticeably less crappy than Sport. I would still say from my experience that in terms of paved road comfort (very subjective) and control Sport tires and Rubi suspension drove the best, than sport suspension and sport tires (only good thing less leaning in turns), than Rubi suspension and Rubi tires.

OP
OP

JeepXalfa

First Name
Evo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 JL 2dr
That is actually true :) but Rubi shocks are noticeably less crappy than Sport. I would still say from my experience that in terms of paved road comfort (very subjective) and control Sport tires and Rubi suspension drove the best, than sport suspension and sport tires (only good thing less leaning in turns), than Rubi suspension and Rubi tires.
I will have my subjective review back once I have the rubi installed.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I tho that could be a problem too, so that I installed a set if new tires, 245/75/R17 Goodyear wrangler silentarmor. Sadly they didn't improve the riding quality...
Well, mine is a 4door hardtop. The tires are 285/70/17 BFG KO2'2

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have a 2 door and have driven a 4 door. My 2 door did feels a bit more comfortable tbh, but it wasnt night and day difference.

I installed a rubi suspension on my sport and the on road ride got noticeably worst. Stiffer and a bit more wobbly. Off road it is superb.
When I swapped to the Rubi suspension it improved all around, sure it's a bit firmer but not enough to detract from the drive. I also kept my caster in the 6 degree range w/ the LCA swap so maybe that's why I didn't notice any significant degradation. And yes, off road a noticeable improvement :)
Sponsored