OP

JeepXalfa

First Name
Evo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 JL 2dr
Pressure should be checked with the tyres cold. For my JL Sport, 36psi is correct.
will do. thanks.
On the other hand, i just booked an appointment for inspection this Friday. I will keep updating until the issue is solved.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepXalfa

First Name
Evo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 JL 2dr
I have a 19 JL and a 21 JLU. Both ride great, but I like the JLU for longer ride trips. IMO, it is more comfortable. Make sure your tires are within the recommended PSI because that will change your comfort zone :like:
Just set it at 36 from 39. I will try it out tomorrow.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Our previous Jeeps were a '13JK and a 14JKU. The 4 door rode much better than the 2 door. Both were stock suspension except for leveling kit. Now we have a '21 JL and a '20 JLUD, and the ride difference between the two is the same, although the new ones ride stiffer than the JK's did mostly because the 2 door is a Willys and the 4 door is a Rubicon (and they both have MT tires). I think you'll be surprised after lowering the tire pressure.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
36 psi smooths the JLU considerably. I added the Rubicon takeoff tires/rims and suspension, and i noticed it was smoother with that, than stock.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
If your tires are wearing out, that could stiffen up the feel. I didnt like the feel of the stock JLU Sport tires, but the BF Goodrich KO '2 are much better, on and off road.

OP
OP

JeepXalfa

First Name
Evo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 JL 2dr
36 psi smooths the JLU considerably. I added the Rubicon takeoff tires/rims and suspension, and i noticed it was smoother with that, than stock.
Purchased a set of rubi take off suspension. I plan to have the car inspect this week, then install the rubi this weekend. I hope they will help.

OP
OP

JeepXalfa

First Name
Evo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 JL 2dr
If your tires are wearing out, that could stiffen up the feel. I didnt like the feel of the stock JLU Sport tires, but the BF Goodrich KO '2 are much better, on and off road.
I tho that could be a problem too, so that I installed a set if new tires, 245/75/R17 Goodyear wrangler silentarmor. Sadly they didn't improve the riding quality...

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Purchased a set of rubi take off suspension. I plan to have the car inspect this week, then install the rubi this weekend. I hope they will help.
I have a 2 door and have driven a 4 door. My 2 door did feels a bit more comfortable tbh, but it wasnt night and day difference.

I installed a rubi suspension on my sport and the on road ride got noticeably worst. Stiffer and a bit more wobbly. Off road it is superb.

OP
OP

JeepXalfa

First Name
Evo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 JL 2dr
I have a 2 door and have driven a 4 door. My 2 door did feels a bit more comfortable tbh, but it wasnt night and day difference.

I installed a rubi suspension on my sport and the on road ride got noticeably worst. Stiffer and a bit more wobbly. Off road it is superb.
Oh gee... lol

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I will add to this, my 2 door does ride better (soft and comfortable) than my 4 door JL did. I attribute it to shocks and springs. If anything the 4 door "should" ride better, just due to wheelbase, but it sure seems many people agree that the 2 door rides better.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Soft top vs hard top? If the 2DR was ordered soft top and the 4DR hard top, that's fairly different weight.

OP
OP

JeepXalfa

First Name
Evo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 JL 2dr
I will add to this, my 2 door does ride better (soft and comfortable) than my 4 door JL did. I attribute it to shocks and springs. If anything the 4 door "should" ride better, just due to wheelbase, but it sure seems many people agree that the 2 door rides better.
Thank you for that info. Are they all stock shocks and springs?

OP
OP

JeepXalfa

First Name
Evo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2019 JL 2dr
Pressure should be checked with the tyres cold. For my JL Sport, 36psi is correct.
Just adjusted front 36, rear 35. I will report back tonight after a 30 mi mountain road and 100 mi highway.
Sponsored