dm00re

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hey guys,

I ordered some Ridge Grapplers (35x12.5x17) about a month ago and the place I got them from are saying Nitto has been on back order & keep delaying their shipment.

To keep it short & simple they're offering me the Trail Grapplers at no extra cost as they have them in stock.

Do I take the Trail Grappler and get a more expensive tire for no extra cost or wait for the ridge grappler to possibly be in within the next 2 weeks? I do about 90% city/highway driving which is why I had ordered the Ridge Grappler in the beginning.

I know its a preference on the wait but wanted input from people who've had experience with either tire.
Sponsored

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
Wait, you’ll always have the doubt and regret if you settle for tires you didn’t want.

I had trail grapplers G2 on my taco and loved them. This time I’m going with ridge grapplers, the installer has them and just waiting on my rims to arrive (UPS is bringing them by horse and buggy). They ar 2 1/2 hours away from me, if they don’t move tomorrow, I might just drive to the warehouse and pick them up.

OP
OP
dm00re

dm00re

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Wait, you’ll always have the doubt and regret if you settle for tires you didn’t want.

I had trail grapplers G2 on my taco and loved them. This time I’m going with ridge grapplers, the installer has them and just waiting on my rims to arrive (UPS is bringing them by horse and buggy). They ar 2 1/2 hours away from me, if they don’t move tomorrow, I might just drive to the warehouse and pick them up.
Yeah I'd love to have the ridge grapplers but I'm tired of waiting. I was told 5-7 business days when ordering & then recently told I'd have them the 19th.. then 26-27th now saying check back on the 4th....

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Yeah I'd love to have the ridge grapplers but I'm tired of waiting. I was told 5-7 business days when ordering & then recently told I'd have them the 19th.. then 26-27th now saying check back on the 4th....
Why not get them elsewhere? Sounds like you're getting the run-around. I definitely would not switch to Trail Grapplers when you're primarily on-road.

Sponsored

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
You can always go with Toyo RT. Almost Almost the same tread pattern. I had a set of Toyos on order in a 37x17. Backordered. Bought Nitto Ridge Grapplers instead

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I had to make a compromise too. I have the Trail Grapplers because I wanted something in a C rated sidewall. The compromise was they are only 11.5” wide. Even with the more aggressive M&S tread they are really quiet on the road.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I have D load range 37 on the Nitto RG’s. Surprised how quite they are

OP
OP
dm00re

dm00re

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Why not get them elsewhere? Sounds like you're getting the run-around. I definitely would not switch to Trail Grapplers when you're primarily on-road.
Got them for less than $1300 because of Black Friday. If I went somewhere else now it’d be $300-500 more

You can always go with Toyo RT. Almost Almost the same tread pattern. I had a set of Toyos on order in a 37x17. Backordered. Bought Nitto Ridge Grapplers instead
Yeah I had another friend recommend the Toyos as well. I’m still undecided, I’m anxious to just have them on and get it over with lol

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I would wait and get what you want. Don't stress the wait. Once they are on, you will forget the fact that you had to wait.

Sponsored

OneEyedHito

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 2-Door
I had to make a compromise too. I have the Trail Grapplers because I wanted something in a C rated sidewall. The compromise was they are only 11.5” wide. Even with the more aggressive M&S tread they are really quiet on the road.
How did these work out for you? I’m considering changing from my usual RG’s back to TG’s for C rating 35 on 2 door JL. Have run last 4 sets of tires on jeeps and trucks as RG’s but ran TG’s on an FJ 10 years ago. Did these TG’s work out well a few years in?

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
How did these work out for you? I’m considering changing from my usual RG’s back to TG’s for C rating 35 on 2 door JL. Have run last 4 sets of tires on jeeps and trucks as RG’s but ran TG’s on an FJ 10 years ago. Did these TG’s work out well a few years in?
i still am running them. I like them!
Sponsored