Ride with mopar lift

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Why oh why buy a Mopar lift when there are much better options out there?
I did not see any better options out there for the price that I paid! My 2 inch Mopar lift does everything required of it on and off road! And I do have the peace of mind knowing that I have a warranty on the lift and the jeep when I take it in for service if I ever have to!
Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar has one of the the best shock options available with the 2.5” Fox shocks and shocks are the most expensive part of the lift. Yes you may need a few other parts, but so does ever other kit that gives you 3”s of lift.

Once again, don’t respond to the trolls that add no value with negative comments.

OP
OP

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I’m going with mopar so I don’t void the warranty. Also, I feel mopar would custom tailor it to the Jl. I don’t want to go with another lift just for the stubborn reason that “there are better lifts out there”

Clipper216

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
i am thinking of installing a 2 inch mopar lift on my 19 Jl. How much will this affect my ride (drivability) compared to stock? My jk has a 4” lift and it’s like riding a bucking bronco.
I have the Mopar 2" lift on my 2019 2.0T JLUR with 35" Toyo RTs, which are heavy as heck compared to others. I do not regret my decision one bit, though I only have a little over 1,000 miles on the set up, (knock on wood).

When I first drove the jeep after install I thought that it felt a bit floaty; I checked the air pressure and discovered the dealership had put 48psi in the tires. I went down to 28psi based on some of the treads I had read here on tire pressure. Millage dip and the steering felt sluggish; I am now at 36psi and I seem to have found the sweet spot.0

I typically drive 75-80 mph on the highway and 45-55 mph on the standard roads, ( I live in Gilbert AZ, traffic generally drives at these speeds). Highway is fine, anything over 85 mph and the "floaty" feeling returns, on all other roads the jeep feels planted. Only other issue is the the speedo is off by three mile per hour; the dealership claims they have flashed the speedo to the wheel size so I will either live with this issue or buy a flasher.

In all I am pumped on how the rig turned out and like that I can hold the dealership somewhat liable, (as stated by the speedo accuracy)

OP
OP

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Hey man, if you don’t mind, measure the height of your rig sitting in garage, or on drive way from concrete to rock rail or some other point of reference on both sides before and after lift. I’m curious how much lift you get. Thanks
For sure. I’ll let you know once it’s installed

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
Local service manager and I had a discussion about the mopar lift. Even with the updated lift they are seeing spring bowing. Even using aftermarket spring perches isn't helping long term Said it's a poor design said the only way they can fix is by adding an adjustable track bar. They have been using a $165 rough country one with success

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Local service manager and I had a discussion about the mopar lift. Even with the updated lift they are seeing spring bowing. Even using aftermarket spring perches isn't helping long term Said it's a poor design said the only way they can fix is by adding an adjustable track bar. They have been using a $165 rough country one with success
He's wrong. Some bowing is fine. Go to Moab and look at all the lifts. Many many JK's and TJ's have lifts with springs that bow. I've had mine now for almost 16k miles and several hard off-road trips, including Colorado and Moab, and 22 hour highway trips. It is fine and works great on road and off.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
He's wrong. Some bowing is fine. Go to Moab and look at all the lifts. Many many JK's and TJ's have lifts with springs that bow. I've had mine now for almost 16k miles and several hard off-road trips, including Colorado and Moab, and 22 hour highway trips. It is fine and works great on road and off.
Sorry...not buying. My liftedr tj has no bow . had the lifted tj for 20years. For the premium they are charging they shouldn't be bowing. Even if it was just cosmetic...which it isnt... lifts with bows tell me either it's a poorly designed kit or a poor wrench job on the lift since they look like ass when bowed like that. Can't say I want my jl looking like that.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry...not buying. My liftedr tj has no bow . had the lifted tj for 20years. For the premium they are charging they shouldn't be bowing. Even if it was just cosmetic...which it isnt... lifts with bows tell me either it's a poorly designed kit or a poor wrench job on the lift since they look like ass when bowed like that. Can't say I want my jl looking like that.
Ok, don't buy it. The marketplace is full of alternatives. Knock yourself out. I'll Jeep wave at you while enjoying mine. All the wildly built Jeeps with bowed springs will wave, too.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The fox shocks are certainly stiffer than stock, no way it's "better than stock" but I suppose that could be a matter of opinion. Also I wanted to center my axles with front and rear track bars and increase the caster even more with adjustable LCAs. That added a good $600-700 more to the price.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Slight bow in springs are by design, better clearance when fully compressed. Sure there were some trouble with springs in first out lifts, but haven’t heard anything about springs bowing so bad they’re rubbing other suspension parts since problems have been addressed. I’ve had no problems with the lift, and I probably wheel my rig more than most people. The only problem I had with lift is that it wasn’t complete for the amount of height I got. Needed track bars and lcas to dial it in. Now it wheels great and I can drive 85 mph on freeway straight as an arrow, steering wheel doesn’t even move. I know it’s not the best lift out there, there’s more compete kits out there sure. But there’s definitely nothing wrong with shocks and springs in this one.

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
I agree with others.

Ride is very close to factory. Tire choice will have the biggest impact on your ride quality with that kit. I've installed that kit back to back on customers JL's with 35" C-Rated tires, and 35" E-Rated tires. The difference in ride quality was night/day.

And to your point I've also installed 3.5-4" kits on JKs that ride very similar to stock as well. It all depends on the kit and the tires(You may be surprised that the expensive kit isn't always the better riding on road.)
Maybe a dumb question but which is the better ride on road the c or e rated tires? Looking to add bfg all terrain 35’s

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a dumb question but which is the better ride on road the c or e rated tires? Looking to add bfg all terrain 35’s
C will have a better ride, all other things equal.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I got the 2” Mopar lift used like new a few weeks before I took possession of my factory ordered Rubi (less than 1000 miles on the lift kit - wife couldn’t climb in it so they removed it and went back to stock).

Right afterwards, I started reading all the threads about OEM JLs steering issues and wandering, and I also read about the 2” lift producing much more than 2” inches when installed. I thought I was doomed - bad steering, and add a >2” net lift would throw the caster angle all out of whack.

I took possession of the Jeep and drove it 1300 miles home (work-related expense) and it did wander somewhat and felt a bit flighty. I was scared to death to add the lift kit, but did anyway. Surprise - It rode better, steered better, drifting and floated around the road less, etc. Since then, I’ve added 34” KO2s and I’m very happy with the ride. I did net a bit more than 2” from the lift kit (and I have the steel bumper package and Roam steel rock rails).

Overall, I’m surprisingly very happy for a bargain price!

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
I have the Mopar 2" lift on my 2019 2.0T JLUR with 35" Toyo RTs, which are heavy as heck compared to others. I do not regret my decision one bit, though I only have a little over 1,000 miles on the set up, (knock on wood).

When I first drove the jeep after install I thought that it felt a bit floaty; I checked the air pressure and discovered the dealership had put 48psi in the tires. I went down to 28psi based on some of the treads I had read here on tire pressure. Millage dip and the steering felt sluggish; I am now at 36psi and I seem to have found the sweet spot.0

I typically drive 75-80 mph on the highway and 45-55 mph on the standard roads, ( I live in Gilbert AZ, traffic generally drives at these speeds). Highway is fine, anything over 85 mph and the "floaty" feeling returns, on all other roads the jeep feels planted. Only other issue is the the speedo is off by three mile per hour; the dealership claims they have flashed the speedo to the wheel size so I will either live with this issue or buy a flasher.

In all I am pumped on how the rig turned out and like that I can hold the dealership somewhat liable, (as stated by the speedo accuracy)
I am in Phoenix, which shop did your lift? If you don't mind how much was the labor? Where did you buy the lift from? And, (finally, I promise) would you post a pic?
Sponsored