Ride with mopar lift

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
i am thinking of installing a 2 inch mopar lift on my 19 Jl. How much will this affect my ride (drivability) compared to stock? My jk has a 4” lift and it’s like riding a bucking bronco.
Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think it rides better than stock on road. Offload it is way better dampening, big hit performance is vastly superior. Steering is unaffected. Up sizing your wheel tire combo makes a far larger impact to ride quality or causing bump steer to worsen. It definitely puts more load on your steering damper. Consider upgrading that also eventually.

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the 2" MOPAR lift and 37" tires and it rides "fine"
Better than my JK with 3" lift and 35" tires

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Rides better than when I drove it home off the lot, very happy with it, you might have to buy a few extra parts if you get more than 2 inches like I did, (close to 3.5”). Adjustable track bars and adjustable front lower control arms, but maybe you’ll get exactly 2” and will not need anything extra.:)

Reactions: JC7

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with others.

Ride is very close to factory. Tire choice will have the biggest impact on your ride quality with that kit. I've installed that kit back to back on customers JL's with 35" C-Rated tires, and 35" E-Rated tires. The difference in ride quality was night/day.

And to your point I've also installed 3.5-4" kits on JKs that ride very similar to stock as well. It all depends on the kit and the tires(You may be surprised that the expensive kit isn't always the better riding on road.)

Sponsored

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I agree with others.

Ride is very close to factory. Tire choice will have the biggest impact on your ride quality with that kit. I've installed that kit back to back on customers JL's with 35" C-Rated tires, and 35" E-Rated tires. The difference in ride quality was night/day.

And to your point I've also installed 3.5-4" kits on JKs that ride very similar to stock as well. It all depends on the kit and the tires(You may be surprised that the expensive kit isn't always the better riding on road.)
I didn’t know the difference when bought my E rated tires with the mopar lift it rides firm & bumpy not like stock at all.. Research before you buy tires people.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Why are we still calling this thing a 2" lift? Let's just call it what it it's, the Mopar 17.5" lift kit. Lol
Indeed! Seems more people say they got more than 2” than people saying they got only 2”. If you think you only got 2” and your thrust angle is off and your Jeep wanders on highway, than you got more than 2” and the control arms that came with kit are to short, and you need to put on adjustable ones to increase castor and adjustable track bars to get axles back in line. You would think that Mopar would be offering these items in the kits by now.

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
What is usual cost of having shop install lift kit?

Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Why oh why buy a Mopar lift when there are much better options out there?

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Why oh why buy a Mopar lift when there are much better options out there?
Why not, and better how? I've tackled everything I'd dare with it, with no issues, and have taken long, long highway drives, too. It does everything well, on and off the road. It flexes enough that there might be a couple centemeters of clearance on my 35's, so what exactly would I gain with another lift? I've got almost 16k miles on it with no regrets.
Sponsored