Ride quality between Wrangler sport S vs sport altitude

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Is the sport altitudes ride stiffer vs the sport S? Which offers a more comfortable ride? I know the altitude has the heavy duty brakes along with stiffer shocks.
Sponsored

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Last edited:

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Is the sport altitudes ride stiffer vs the sport S? Which offers a more comfortable ride? I know the altitude has the heavy duty brakes along with stiffer shocks.
The wife and I have a Rubicon and a Sahara. I traded in my Sport for the Rubicon. I felt/feel zero difference in ride quality and handling. I believe tire selection and tire PSI has a greater effect on these models’ characteristics than their OEM builds.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The wife and I have a Rubicon and a Sahara. I traded in my Sport for the Rubicon. I felt/feel zero difference in ride quality and handling. I believe tire selection and tire PSI has a greater effect on these models’ characteristics than their OEM builds.
I've got to agree with you on this. After test driving a lot of different jeeps across all 3 main trims, the only difference I noticed was sitting a little higher in the Rubicon and a bit more sidewall flex with its taller tires. All 3 felt on the softer side, as far as the factory suspensions. One normal sized adult in the backseat or a weeks worth of groceries in the cargo area of my JLUR was all it took to sag the rear enough to get people flashing their brights at me.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
One normal sized adult in the backseat or a weeks worth of groceries in the cargo area of my JLUR was all it took to sag the rear enough to get people flashing their brights at me.
I just thought that was the Jeep wave at night 😂

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The only significant difference in the ride in my case was going from the soft soccer mom Michelins in the Sport vs my current larger E-load rated Patagonias. The other ride characteristics seem very similar, even going from regular sport suspension to my current Rubicon setup.

OP
OP
m3reno

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Thank you for all the replies
Sponsored