Sponsored

Rich Jeepers

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Lots of ways to make good money but the people who are successful have a favorable combination of talent/aptitude, hard work, good planning and risk taking. Now, the person who didn't do so well in school but later went on to start a successful business some may argue lacks academic talent but that person likely nailed the other three elements. Conversely, the guy/gal who excelled in school and went on to make $2M+ as a service partner as a big law firm may not have taken on a ton of risk but likely nailed the first three elements.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Iā€™m a kept man (retired with pension, wife still works).
Thatā€™s my one buddy soon to be in October. I keep busting his wife. ā€œGet up honey time to go pay the billsā€.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
If you are in your early 20's, save your money, don't waste it, pimping out a Jeep. Unless you have invested wisely, inherited money, or are a Trust fund Baby, save for the future.

Sponsored

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
What the f*** do yā€™all do for a living?! I make pretty decent money, but some of you guys post pictures or make comments that blow my mind. So I just want to know what you do for a livingā€¦ and if theyā€™re hiring šŸ˜‰
Kids are grown, no debt, and my wife has a great paying full time job.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rich Jeepers 4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Buy with cash, interest will kill you.
I used to do this and believed this. Paid cash for my vehicles and such for ever. For a daily driver, I always drove $1000 or less vehicle. Always had a nice vehicle as a family car. 5 years before I retired, I went in to buy a new car so that my last 5 years, my two hour commute would be nicer. Planned to pay cash, for the new car. The interest rate was .09%. There was no way I was pulling money out of investments that at that time were earning 13%. Ended up financing the new car. Still paid it off faster than required. Interest kill you if you have to finance it...... because you are then spending money you don't have. I saw people over the years pounding money on their home mortgage. I looked at it like hey the interest is low, mine was at 3.25%. then you get to write the interest off on your taxes so it in reality is even lower. Yes, I know the tax laws have changed some so that it is now harder in some cases to get that tax deduction. I just made the normal house payment, and dumped all the extra money that I could have put on the house into investments and came out way ahead of the game.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I'm a Telecommunications Network Engineer and have been doing crypto investments or about 5 years now. don't recommend unless you know your shit and start small.
Also, I am a bargain shopper. I spent around $1k on open box stuff for my Jeep (Front and rear steel bumper, rockrails, Mopar CAI, and a bunch of other shit I can't remember as I am still on my first cup of coffee) that would have cost me around $3k.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I retired after working in the Prison system for almost 30 years. There is almost unlimited overtime. The prison systems around the country are almost always hiring. I would not work for the prison system in Michigan now. They have gutted all of the benefits and retirement system for new employees. When I hired in there was great benefits and a great retirement. All of that changed in 1997.

My wife has six more working days before she retires from 25 years in the prison system. Fuck yea. full time Jeep travel here we come.

The pay is good and there is unlimited overtime. I had guys that worked for me that would work 16 hours days 7 days a week for 9 months straight, then take a bunch of vacation time and start over again. These are guys who base salary is about 60 grand, and they would double it each year with overtime. With the old retirement, your retirement was based on your three best years. So there was a huge incentive to work a ton of overtime in your last three years. Now the retirement is all 401k and 457 type investment funds. So the push to work overtime is not there anymore.

Under the old system, you could retire with the minimum of 25 years of service and a minimum age of 51. I walked out the day I turned 51. My wife started later in life and she will walk out the day she has 25 years in at 54 years of age. So we each made good money for our entire career and we stacked away money and I invested it well over that 30+ years now. With the two pensions and a nice investment portfolio we are free to do just about anything we want with in reason. Basically debt free except for the low Jeep payment and normal living expenses. Things we can't escape from, like taxes, utilities, insurance, cell service and so on. Our kids are financially secure.

the work in a prison can be stressful and it is not for everyone. It is dangerous at times. Yet we both have survived it...... So if you want to make money with little to no education, do not overlook the prison system. If you can handle the danger and the stress, you can make money, promotions can be had and you can easily transfer to other not working with prisoner type jobs.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I retired after working in the Prison system for almost 30 years. There is almost unlimited overtime. The prison systems around the country are almost always hiring. I would not work for the prison system in Michigan now. They have gutted all of the benefits and retirement system for new employees. When I hired in there was great benefits and a great retirement. All of that changed in 1997.

My wife has six more working days before she retires from 25 years in the prison system. Fuck yea. full time Jeep travel here we come.

The pay is good and there is unlimited overtime. I had guys that worked for me that would work 16 hours days 7 days a week for 9 months straight, then take a bunch of vacation time and start over again. These are guys who base salary is about 60 grand, and they would double it each year with overtime. With the old retirement, your retirement was based on your three best years. So there was a huge incentive to work a ton of overtime in your last three years. Now the retirement is all 401k and 457 type investment funds. So the push to work overtime is not there anymore.

Under the old system, you could retire with the minimum of 25 years of service and a minimum age of 51. I walked out the day I turned 51. My wife started later in life and she will walk out the day she has 25 years in at 54 years of age. So we each made good money for our entire career and we stacked away money and I invested it well over that 30+ years now. With the two pensions and a nice investment portfolio we are free to do just about anything we want with in reason. Basically debt free except for the low Jeep payment and normal living expenses. Things we can't escape from, like taxes, utilities, insurance, cell service and so on. Our kids are financially secure.

the work in a prison can be stressful and it is not for everyone. It is dangerous at times. Yet we both have survived it...... So if you want to make money with little to no education, do not overlook the prison system. If you can handle the danger and the stress, you can make money, promotions can be had and you can easily transfer to other not working with prisoner type jobs.
I have a cousin in the Northeast who is a cop For 30+ years. His dad, my uncle, (now deceased) was also a cop and retired after 30+ years on the force. In the 1990ā€™s my Uncle told his son: ā€œif you want to be a cop, do itā€¦. Great careerā€¦. But it would be smarter if you decided to work for the prison systemā€¦..ā€

true story.

Sponsored

Azrael5988

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU eco diesel
Vehicle Showcase
As you get older you accumulate wealth through work and investments. Invest in Crypto and you could have a new Jeep in a few days or you can lose your life savings lol
Never invest what you arenā€™t willing to flush down the toiletā€¦. That being said crypto is a good high risk high yield lol

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Work overtime, work 16 hour work days to waste half your life at work then enjoy the last 20 years of your life while you just wasted 20! :CWL:

People's perception of work/life balance and salaries are sure distorted.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner

Dude Iā€™m so excited for you guys! Itā€™s going to be amazing traveling wherever and whenever. Thatā€™s my same plans. Going to explorer this great country + the world once I retire. Congrats!

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
keep in mind that for some people, it's not about what they earn, it's about what they're willing to owe.

(that ain't me, but it seems to be the Amerikun Way for some.)

What the f*** do yā€™all do for a living?! I make pretty decent money, but some of you guys post pictures or make comments that blow my mind. So I just want to know what you do for a livingā€¦ and if theyā€™re hiring šŸ˜‰

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Work overtime, work 16 hour work days to waste half your life at work then enjoy the last 20 years of your life while you just wasted 20! :CWL:

People's perception of work/life balance and salaries are sure distorted.
I think you missed the part where @wibornz said that they save up comp/vacation days during the year too- essentially, work their ass off for 9 months then take a few months off. I bet they did a lot of good livinā€™ when they could take all of November and December off and spend it with family, travel, relax, etc.

I work with a lot of people who do a mini version of this: work 8-12 hours a day for 17-18 days, then take the rest of the month off. It seems to work for them.
Sponsored