Rich Jeepers

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I am 61 and approaching retirement from a leadership position in finance. Lived fairly frugally until ten years ago when our investments were paid off. Always had a decent salary but plowed money into RE investments. That has worked and now my “mailbox” income is sufficient to fund my lifestyle which includes owning my Jeep, traveling with my wife, and retiring without $$ concerns. I work because I enjoy my job. I’ve always lived debt free unless it involved investment related financing. Stay positive, be generous, make your health a priority, and embrace life.

Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I am 61 and approaching retirement from a leadership position in finance. Lived fairly frugally until ten years ago when our investments were paid off. Always had a decent salary but plowed money into RE investments. That has worked and now my “mailbox” income is sufficient to fund my lifestyle which includes owning my Jeep, traveling with my wife, and retiring without $$ concerns. I work because I enjoy my job. I’ve always lived debt free unless it involved investment related financing. Stay positive, be generous, make your health a priority, and embrace life.
Your end saying reminds me of a quote from a game I used to play and I couldn't agree more!

Happiness: a good bank account, a good cook, and a good digestion. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
While there are plenty of hardworking, self made folks that 'pulled themselves up by their bootstraps', on here, there are also lots of folks here as well that got a headstart in life with lumps of dough, a home etc passed down from family.

Sometimes it's not what you do for a living but luck of the draw to be born into the right family.

Not saying this to dump on anyone's hard work, just letting you know that lots of what you see on the internet is not what it seems.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Retired. Former aeronautical engineer turned corporate middle manager. Saved/invested heavily in my 20s and 30s. I was practicing F.I.R.E. principles before F.I.R.E. was popular. Retired at 55 and living off stock market investments and pension.

It's not what you earn. It's what you save/invest. My Jeep is the first new vehicle for me since 1987.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
While there are plenty of hardworking, self made folks that 'pulled themselves up by their bootstraps', on here, there are also lots of folks here as well that got a headstart in life with lumps of dough, a home etc passed down from family.

Sometimes it's not what you do for a living but luck of the draw to be born into the right family.

Not saying this to dump on anyone's hard work, just letting you know that lots of what you see on the internet is not what it seems.

Hard work, education, getting back up when you fail, and choosing a line of work that brings in money is paramount.
What you suggest is a very small percentage of folks. Almost not worth mentioning.

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
What the f*** do y’all do for a living?! I make pretty decent money, but some of you guys post pictures or make comments that blow my mind. So I just want to know what you do for a living… and if they’re hiring 😉
What do you consider a decent money? 50k, 75k, 90k, 110k, 125k a year? And then what is your debit to income ratio?

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Hard work, education, getting back up when you fail, and choosing a line of work that brings in money is paramount.
What you suggest is a very small percentage of folks. Almost not worth mentioning.
I disagree. I see it happening all around me. Keep in mind I'm not even talking about huge swaths of wealth being passed down.

Being gifted 20k for a 1st home downpayment, or having your education paid for you (no student loans) may not seem like much but gives a person a huge headstart in life.

Things like that happen much more than you think.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I grow hamburgers and chicken tenders for a living. It’s nice not working for anyone but myself. It’s a lot of work but I have to stay occupied anyway. I save money where can, mostly by building my house by myself. I can’t bring myself to pay anyone for labor when I’m capable of doing it. Wife is a travel nurse, she drives about an hour to work but only works three days a week. We have one 15 month old kid, we are both in our early 30s

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
I disagree. I see it happening all around me. Keep in mind I'm not even talking about huge swaths of wealth being passed down.

Being gifted 20k for a 1st home downpayment, or having your education paid for you (no student loans) may not seem like much but gives a person a huge headstart in life.

Things like that happen much more than you think.
You post reflected like you meant "huge swaths of wealth being passed" down and inherited homes...

Perhaps some are lucky enough to have education paid for, I do see that. But I see many people major in crap disciplines and wonder why they cannot get ahead post college.

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I'm 59. Went in the Army at 18 with one pair of jeans and two t-shirts. Combat, injured, disabled, blah, blah. After retirement, was a cop on a SWAT Team. 2x deadly force shootings and figured I'd go somewhere quiet. Blackwater, Iraq... not so quiet. After 3 years decided to start my own business teaching things I learned the hard way, but only to government clients. 15 years later, I'm retiring. Savings, military retirement, police vesting, VA disability, investments and Social Security (at 62).

Would not recommend my path but at least I didn't spend it all.

Two JL's and a JT in the driveway. Paid for. House paid for. Ordered new $250k motorhome which should be here in a month.

Save 10%. Don't touch it. It'll grow
Buy with cash, interest will kill you.
Sponsored