Rich Jeepers

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Multiple income streams help (military retirement, disability, dual incomes), investing for your future, living through the really lean years, driving my previous vehicle for 17 years this October, and living off one paycheck.

Saving/investing the rest with 20% for vacations, vehicles, stuff, 10%for home improvement (doesn’t always get used), 10% for college, and 60% for additional retirement funding.
Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I don't think the politics is going to change, but the real estate market in Colorado is impossible right now. I know people who live up there as renters, they cannot find anything to buy.
The market is easy if you have money. I have sold millions in residential real estate this year.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
It's crazy here. My house has gone up 25% in just the last year alone.
Ouray county solds are up 40-50% in price over last year, starter homes are $650k, new condo's in Ridgway $900k. It is pretty insane.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Not rich. Just retired from two careers. Worked since I was a kid started by mowing lawns etc. as stated above it’s what you spend your money on. That means you do with out other things. I always loved Jeeps, Porsches and most fast cars so that’s what I spent money on.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Ouray county solds are up 40-50% in price over last year, starter homes are $650k, new condo's in Ridgway $900k. It is pretty insane.
Yeah, I have a friend in Ridgeway. She explained how bad it is out there and how hard it is for ordinary people to afford housing out there. I was in Ouray in June. We had a chat while waiting to get into the Ouray brewery about how hard it is to hire help because no one can afford to live there.

Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Cyber Security consultant 22 y/o

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Sponsored

McKenzie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR; 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Education
not CO, but mine has nearly doubled in a year. I don’t think it’s a time to move if you don’t have to. Luckily, I don’t need to - nor would I want to!

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Bought a $13k family sedan as a bachelor in my 20’s because that segment is very competitive for the manufacturers so you get a lot of bang for buck.

Bought $21k compact crew cab pickup truck in my 30’s so I could go off-road and sleep in the back under a camper shell before we had kids and once we had kids the back seat was large enough to hold the little ones in their car seats.

Bought $34k 3-row all-wheel drive SUV in my 40’s because kids got bigger and when grandparents visited we liked going out in the car. When the kids were toddlers grandparents liked spending time at home with the kids. Wanted AWD because we knew we were going to teach the kids how to ski, camp,

Bought $42k JLU in my 50’s as my daily driver and fun vehicle because I finally felt I had the financial wherewithal to not have to be practical in making my car purchasing choice.

All comes down to what you consider wise use of your money.

Mom ran a very exhausting small business for a number of years in order to cover college tuition for us kids. Dad retired from a good union job that provides solid healthcare and pension til his dying day and covers mom thereafter. I’m grateful that they are financially independent.

We live modestly in the middle class neighborhood where we bought a house in our 30’s. Have not “traded up” as we made more money. Only started saving for retirement in my late 30s but making sure that my wife and I will be financially independent of our kids when they are adults and along the way be able to cover their college tuitions. If we have anything left over to provide our future grandkids then that’s a bonus but otherwise we are not planning for that.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I wouldn't say I'm wealthy but I have made some wise investments. What I do - UPS engineering department and YES we are hiring LINK!

And right now MR. Market (interest) is in the pipe leading out to the sewer @ great credit you can get a loan at about 2.5% which is nuts.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
I'm wealthy, but has nothing to do with the coin in my pocket. I've been on my own since I was 17, working a full time and finishing high school. I now live comfortably, I've had second residences from one coast to the other for work related ease. I retired in my 30's, made much easier by my beautiful former exotic dancer turned rocket scientist wife. If you ever have a chance to pick up one of those I highly recommend it. Having raised our family, we both are now retired with eyes on the road of our continuing adventures. I don't look forward to turning 60 though. 🤔

JL GOAT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
What the f*** do y’all do for a living?! I make pretty decent money, but some of you guys post pictures or make comments that blow my mind. So I just want to know what you do for a living… and if they’re hiring 😉
What the f*** do y’all do for a living?! I make pretty decent money, but some of you guys post pictures or make comments that blow my mind. So I just want to know what you do for a living… and if they’re hiring 😉
I’m a kept man (retired with pension, wife still works).
Sponsored