Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler šŸšŗ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Based on what I see here and on the streets I'm the farthest I can be from a normal Jeep person. I'm past retirement but I still have to work, my wife is retired. I had to buy the cheapest used JLU I could find. The only mods I could afford were Rubicon takeoff tires and suspension. I kept my old wheels and I put on the suspension myself. There is a thread here somewhere about cargo shelves for the back of the jeep and everybody in the thread has a fancy $500 shelf system, I built mine out of a scap piece of plywood and old 2x4 boards.
Iā€™d love to know how you built the cargo shelves! I want some but I canā€™t spend $500 on it aha
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler šŸšŗ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Finance Industry for many years. Made a lot money, retired early, no debt, multiple passive income streams.
Oh....... and no kids.
What did you do in finance? Currently work in retail banking and considering what my options are.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
I got my first job at 12. In a real store. Rode my bicycle 8 miles there and back. When I was 12 you could still do that. Spent 24 years in the Army. Mostly in the 82nd. Got divorced in the Army that cost me a whole bunch. Am working hard to have my toys and catch up on retirement. We donā€™t eat out, watch much tv, dogs and Jeeps are our splurges. No early retirement for me but we have a new house we built and 2 Jeeps. As long as you are satisfied with your financial decisions it works.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
While I would love to Jeep decor in the house, my wife apparently has veto power over that. šŸ¤£
That ainā€™t all she has veto power over, busterā€¦ You may, or may not, already know thatšŸ˜œ

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Not rich for sure, not by the size of my bank account anyway. I was rich, worth several million at 35, used to maintain a fleet of 6-7 cars mostly Mercedes, BMW and Porsche. Moved to Colorado, got divorced changed careers a couple times, sell Real Estate now and still rebuilding. Own a home, kids are grown, probably your age at 24 now. Bought a new Jeep this year for my wife, have a new F350 ordered, have a sweet snowmobile and this is my view, a dozen wild Turkeys and a Mule Deer buck in my yard, beautiful mountains in the background. Life is likely to throw you some curve balls. Live smart but live well as you never know what tomorrow brings.

IMG_1204.jpg

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
"You're not living life unless you are living it in debt..."
In your 20's, maybe. But, you will sacrifice your economic independence for the rest of your life if you don't let go of that philosophy.

Get that debt monkey off your back, or you will work your whole life feeding it and will have little to show for it at the end.

In my late 20's, I was $20k in credit card debt, had two car payments, a mortgage, and two kids. I was paycheck to paycheck. At one point, my wife and I agreed that enough was enough.

We got on board with Dave Ramsey's debt snowball plan, curtailed our spending and started paying off debt. A little debt paid off at first turned into more and then even more debt paid off. Faster than we imagined, we had ZERO credit debt and the cars were paid for. At that point, we were able to tell our money where to go rather than it being gone before the ink on the check was dry.

Even on two blue-collar salaries, we now have a fantastic house on the water of a major recreation lake, have money in the bank and cash in reserve, and can buy whatever we want or need (although those wants/needs have a lot more reality attached to them than they used to).

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Not if the wife earns what you do -- that doubles a man's income. And having kids kind of gives meaning to the whole living thing.
Not if the wife earns what you do -- that doubles a woman's income. There, fixed that for youā€¦

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler šŸšŗ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
Not rich for sure, not by the size of my bank account anyway. I was rich, worth several million at 35, used to maintain a fleet of 6-7 cars mostly Mercedes, BMW and Porsche. Moved to Colorado, got divorced changed careers a couple times, sell Real Estate now and still rebuilding. Own a home, kids are grown, probably your age at 24 now. Bought a new Jeep this year for my wife, have a new F350 ordered, have a sweet snowmobile and this is my view, a dozen wild Turkeys and a Mule Deer buck in my yard, beautiful mountains in the background. Life is likely to throw you some curve balls. Live smart but live well as you never know what tomorrow brings.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rich Jeepers IMG_1204
Moving to Colorado in the next couple of months!

Sponsored

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
We are in our early 40ā€™s, both with good careers. Sheā€™s the controller at a seed manufacturing business. Iā€™m an electrical general foreman. We also had our son young (heā€™s 20 now) bought our house young, and have stayed together and driven. There were lean years for sure. By staying in the same house for 17 years, our mortgage is very affordable now. By remaining married (21 years tomorrow) thereā€™s been no division of assets that is always very expensive. We have been guilty of over spending, but we have done well for ourselves. House should be paid off in 10 years or less, looking to buy our retirement property next year, and have plenty invested for retirement. Long term goals and commitment are the keys to success no matter what your path in life.
Happy Anniversary. My wife and I hit 21 years of marriage in May.
Not a day goes by that I donā€™t thinkā€¦ā€boy, is she the luckiest woman on the face of the Earth or what!ā€
Additionally, everyday she says: ā€œoh yeah, lucky meā€!
Which I just say proves my point and then that crazy medical thing with her eye rolling and hysterical laughing starts.
Enjoy your anniversary!

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Might want to stay in Florida for a while, the politics make a LOT more sense there right now...
I don't think the politics is going to change, but the real estate market in Colorado is impossible right now. I know people who live up there as renters, they cannot find anything to buy.

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler šŸšŗ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I don't think the politics is going to change, but the real estate market in Colorado is impossible right now. I know people who live up there as renters, they cannot find anything to buy.
The real estate in FL is no better! And it just keeps going up and up.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
It's a bubble and it will crash again at some point. Wait until the right time to buy.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
It's crazy here. My house has gone up 25% in just the last year alone.
Sponsored