Rich Jeepers

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
As you get older you accumulate wealth through work and investments. Invest in Crypto and you could have a new Jeep in a few days or you can lose your life savings lol
Make investments in long term stable assets, gamble in crypto with money you can afford to lose. Best of both worlds, your investments will get you by in old age, and if one of those cryptos hit, New TRX to tow the new 392 around the country wheeling in my early retirement.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
My dad once told me if you want to look rich, all you need is credit. If you want to be rich, mind your pennies and your dollars will take care of themselves...and dollar-cost-averaging, and start young.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Was gonna keep this secret, but Iā€™m actually Elon Musk. Thatā€™s how I can afford a Bestop Sunrider for hardtop. I hang out here cause Jeepers keep me grounded.

BTW I could have made the 4xe wayyyyy better.

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler šŸšŗ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I'm not rich, though my driveway would say otherwise....

Once we kicked the kids out of the house, the money quit flying away. The house is paid off, which also helps. Now we get to enjoy all of those decades of work.
For us, it's just a by-product of surviving. Or getting old. However you want to frame it.

Surviving sounds more positive.
I like surviving better! Iā€™ve gotta work on getting a house and kids before I can enjoy that though aha

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Early retirement saving. Iā€™m not playing catch up like my peers. I started at a few hundred a month, and when I got promoted it would go into retirement savings. 2 promotions later we hit the annual limit and we have the habit of living on the same incomes from when we were in our mid 20ā€™s. So each pay raise is pocket money or mid-term investment for the next project.
Weā€™re 32 and have enough saved we just have to live to retirement age, but even that might be funded in another couple years.

Sponsored

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
I'm a teacher, wife works as a project manager. No kids. We always owned older Jeeps (XJs and TJs which were bought with cash), few years back we decided to buy a new house and some new cars. Financed a renegade and my wrangler, 7 year loan terms. Paid hers off in 11 months, mine will be paid off next July. Bought my Ursa Minor top with cash. Like many have said - it's about what you choose to spend your money on.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Not if the wife earns what you do -- that doubles a man's income. And having kids kind of gives meaning to the whole living thing.
Sure, that's double the income. About four times the expense too. I don't need kids to feel alive or fulfilled. I'm sure many feel similarly.

grim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2020 Triumph Street Triple RS
Occupation
IT
My wife and I are both in our early 40ā€™s and both have 20 years in IT. We both worked very hard and made many sacrifices. Life is what you put in to it. You can do whatever you set your mind toā€¦

Xenolith

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sport S, 6MT, 2024 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired Geology Professor
My Jeep isn't heavily modified. I replaced bumpers, installed winch, LED headlights.

I teach geology at a community college but spend my money carefully and wisely. My Jeep suites my purposes. I will be retired in 2023 and moving to a western state where I will have more of an opportunity to go off road. That may convince my to a lift but I will have the money available before I do anything. When I use a credit card the balance gets paid off when the statement arrives.

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Itā€™s all about priorities in my household. We donā€™t buy things if we canā€™t afford them. Used my VA loan to buy a house, and drive our vehicles for 10+ years. Do most of it on 1 income and save the other. Took us a little bit to figure that out, but it is a team effort.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Not rich by any means. Got real lucky finding a house in foreclosure when I was in my 20s, paid it off recently, and sold my last Jeep for a nice profit. Dumping the equity from the last Jeep into the new Jeep, building out my dream rig. Thereā€™s smarter ways to spend money, but, Iā€™m gonna have a lot of fun with this one.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
What the f*** do yā€™all do for a living?! I make pretty decent money, but some of you guys post pictures or make comments that blow my mind. So I just want to know what you do for a livingā€¦ and if theyā€™re hiring šŸ˜‰

40. Single. Financial literacy software.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Im unemployed and hoping to stay that way. Bought my first stock 40 years ago. So at least I have that going for me.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Based on what I see here and on the streets I'm the farthest I can be from a normal Jeep person. I'm past retirement but I still have to work, my wife is retired. I had to buy the cheapest used JLU I could find. The only mods I could afford were Rubicon takeoff tires and suspension. I kept my old wheels and I put on the suspension myself. There is a thread here somewhere about cargo shelves for the back of the jeep and everybody in the thread has a fancy $500 shelf system, I built mine out of a scap piece of plywood and old 2x4 boards.
Sponsored