Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I was a mess in my early 20's. Be smart with money now and you will be able to have whatever you want later. I did get my first Jeep in my late 20's though. When the hard top wasn't on, I used it as a coffee table in my apartment.
While I would love to Jeep decor in the house, my wife apparently has veto power over that. 🤣

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
I had planned to have kids, but life doesn't always go according to your plan....so I am living with the consolation prize which is actually pretty damn good really.
I’m sorry to hear that. But I’m glad you found some happiness!!

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I'm good with it, I'll be 47 next week so it's way in the past now.
Dude what are you talking about? Clint Eastwood was Pumping out kids when he was like 70.. He apparently eats a lot of Salmon. Lol..

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly

Andrews jl

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU, 15 Willy’s, Tesla x., Tesla 3, BMW x2
Occupation
It’s Miller time!
What the f*** do y’all do for a living?! I make pretty decent money, but some of you guys post pictures or make comments that blow my mind. So I just want to know what you do for a living… and if they’re hiring 😉
I could tell you, but then I’d have to ….well, you know

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
People have money for what's important to them. That's the sum of things.

It's why, for example, we see $40K Harley Davidsons parked next to $20K mobile homes.

What I may -- or may not -- have stored in the safes (plural) would no doubt cause similar head scratching. And maybe all of that came about as a result of years-long disciplined sacrifices in other areas of life.

So too may this apply to Jeep owners that appear to be doing quite well in their own regard.

Sponsored

jrocker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
I'm not rich, though my driveway would say otherwise....

Once we kicked the kids out of the house, the money quit flying away. The house is paid off, which also helps. Now we get to enjoy all of those decades of work.
For us, it's just a by-product of surviving. Or getting old. However you want to frame it.

Surviving sounds more positive.

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
I print everything I need on very high resolution color printer in my basement. It was a very expensive printer; so, I hijacked a semi-tractor/trailer rig full of Prevagen and Preparation H to get the initial grubstake I needed to set the operation up. Anybody can do it.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
We are in our early 40’s, both with good careers. She’s the controller at a seed manufacturing business. I’m an electrical general foreman. We also had our son young (he’s 20 now) bought our house young, and have stayed together and driven. There were lean years for sure. By staying in the same house for 17 years, our mortgage is very affordable now. By remaining married (21 years tomorrow) there’s been no division of assets that is always very expensive. We have been guilty of over spending, but we have done well for ourselves. House should be paid off in 10 years or less, looking to buy our retirement property next year, and have plenty invested for retirement. Long term goals and commitment are the keys to success no matter what your path in life.

OP
OP
Tynewlon

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
People have money for what's important to them. That's the sum of things.

It's why, for example, we see $40K Harley Davidsons parked next to $20K mobile homes.

What I may -- or may not -- have stored in the safes (plural) would no doubt cause similar head scratching. And maybe all of that came about as a result of years-long disciplined sacrifices in other areas of life.

So too may this apply to Jeep owners that appear to be doing quite well in their own regard.
That is very true! I’d spend wayyyy too much money on Jeep stuff if it weren’t for my wife aha.
Sponsored