Sponsored

Rhode Island BS Thread

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
Have had my JLU for just over a year - about 20k miles on it. I’m out in West Greenwich area so often out in Arcadia and other back woods areas on the Conn boarder.

Thought I would start a thread for my RI people.
Sponsored

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Greetings from central MA! Got my first Jeep back in September and looking to get it dirty here and there. Do you mostly do rock crawling or trails in the area?

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Hi. Northern RI here. I just joined Ocean State Jeepers, but haven’t been out to an event yet.

OP
OP
jhnnymac

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
RI does not really have a public place to rock crawl unless you join a club. I mostly drive out to remote places/dirt roads to hike.

This time of year most of the state parks have barred the back roads. About mid-May most of them will open up. The reasoning is to keep people with large vehicles from tearing up the dirt roads during mud season - and preventing people who try to drive normal cars out there from getting stuck.

This of course does not stop ATV or dirtbike kids from sneaking by the gates and tearing the crap out of the roads anyway - and thus the need for my Jeep to get to some of the trails once the season starts.

On average most, if not all RI back roads in the large parks are tame. The idea being to make them accessible for first responders.
Sponsored