Rhino Rack Vortex 3 bar with RLT quick release legs

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
These have been sitting new-in-box inside the garage for weeks and finally got around to installing them. Nice look. Easy install. I think Yakima’s Skyline legs are better design, quality of materials and fit & finish compared to the Rhino Rack RLT legs. The latter are looser in their mounts and have spring mounted plastic tabs that have to be squeezed by the operator to release the leg from the base mount. The tabs are accessed by using a key to remove the cover from the leg. The Skyline releases automatically when you open the front cover which is permanently attached via a hinge. Unlike the RLT there is no chance of dropping the Skyline cover onto the ground. The Skyline fits snugly into its mount whereas the RLT came with a rubber bumper which is supposed to be inserted between the leg and its mount in order to take up any slack. I found it impossible to get this rubber piece into place.

The Rhino Rack product looks good and the bars are solid. If I had to do it all over I might consider figuring out a way to attach a Yakima landing pad onto the Rhino Rack Backbone.

65DC5530-B8D4-46B4-9771-E30AF2445CE9.jpeg
Sponsored