Rhino Rack Short Platform on JLU

1. Dalingrin

Dalingrin Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    I have seen folks mounting the shorter Pioneer platform with the Maximus-3 mounting solution. Has anyone used the shorter platform with the Rhino-rack backbone? Haven't been able to tell if the shorter platform would be mountable with the JLU backbone.

I don't need the extra space of the longer 4dr platform and would prefer to get the shorter platform and still be able to use the Bestop Sunrider.

2. rayxu

rayxu Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR
    Liked:
    So I’ve seen someone posted in the Maximus 3 thread saying the Sunrider will work even with the long platform. However, I'm still curious if one can do the short platform with rhino rack backbone system? Just like the look of the short platform, and the backbone system seems easier to install...

3. thrsonly1

thrsonly1 Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU/2013 JK
    Liked:
    My wife contacted Rhino Rack last month asking the same questions. They said that they currently do NOT have a short rack to go with the backbone system in product development. We still went with the backbone system for the ease of use, but with the just the cross bars so we can have our RTT and still use the Sunrider.

4. ProjectJL

ProjectJL Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Joshua
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Can I see a photo of this please.